Augmentin 500mg RX Antibiotic Tablets  » Medicine  »
  • What I like about this drug is that it works relatively fast

• by WendyBird

Any time I get a really bad sinus infection or double-ear infection, my doctor prescribes me Augmentin because it is my preferred medicine. See, I have reactions to almost all of them, though they are mild. This drug’s reactions are the least troublesome.

Augmentin is a penicillin antibiotic used to treat bacterial infections. It’s made of a combination of amoxicillin and clavulanate potassium. I’ve had it in white, chalky pill form, as a blue pill, and now I mostly get it in capsules always in 500mg. It’s one of the more affordable prescription antibiotics because at Walmart it is $4, but

at Publix, it is free for a 500 mg prescription. I am only prescribed this medicine for ear infections or sinus infections, both of which I get once a month in the colder months.

This is an easy to swallow medicine, and it goes down without incident. I’m not a big pill swallower, you see. What I like about this drug is that it works relatively fast. With my sinusitis, I start to feel like I’m clearing up after 3 or 4 days, and the pain around my sinus cavities stops around day 3. I usually take the medicine for 10 ...

• days, twice a day, and then I am cleared of my sickness. It has never failed me in that respect, and I’ve been taking it since I was a child. I feel like I can rely on it to work.

When I was a child, I never got any side effects, but now I do get a couple of them but it is probably because I’ve been taking it on and off for 20+ years. Some of the more common side effects are diarrhea, nausea, and vomiting. I get the nausea sometimes and once in a while it will go to full

blown vomiting. More serious side effects are rash, hives, bloody stool, swelling, confusion, yellowing of the skin or eyes, and vaginal discharge. I get the latter one as a side effect, but have not had any of the others yet, and hope I never do. It’s annoying but the results of the medicine in my case are worth the side effects.

As long as someone isn’t allergic to penicillin or has a history of liver problems, I would suggest they ask their doctor about this wonderful antibiotic. It will knock out an ear infection or sinusitis, with relief in only a few days.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2616051479911231/k2311a0516/5.16.11