Mylicon Infant Gas Relief Drops, Non-Staining Formula  » Medicine  »
  • One of the babies that I kept had a bad gas problem, which I had to treat with drops as did the parents when they returned home
  • A box cost $9 but we used it up in a week or so
  • Even though this did not work well enough with the child I used them on, I would still recommend them because they would work, you just have to have a child that will swallow them

• by WendyBird

One of the babies that I kept had a bad gas problem, which I had to treat with drops as did the parents when they returned home. We tried several different types before settling on the one that worked best for this child above all others, and one of the losing drops was the Mylicon Infant Gas Relief Drops in Non-Staining Formula.

This version of the Mylicon drops is far superior to the pink version because it contains no dyes and therefore, does not stain the infant’s clothes pink when they spit it up, if they do.

Our baby spit it up every time because he did not care for the taste. He much preferred this over gripe water, but it was no comparison to Little Tummys for the little guy.

This medicine is white in color and comes with a dropper that has a measuring guide so that I won’t over medicate. I gave him 2 drops per feeding, but he would always spit it up probably because he did not care for the taste. It was hard to get him to take it and because he got so little,

• it didn’t help him very much. He would still be gassy and cry throughout the day from discomfort. But, the good thing about when he spit it up is that it did not stain his clothes. Before I would have to strip him down so the parents would have no complaints, before giving him Mylicon. This is a great improvement they’ve made, plus it is healthier without the dyes.

I do think this would work wonders for babies that can tolerate the flavor. It didn’t taste all that bad to me, when I tried

it to see what he was complaining about, but it just didn’t sit well with him. It’s made the same as other well received gas drops on the market, so it would be just as effective. A box cost $9 but we used it up in a week or so. That can get expensive if one has a severely gassy child.

Even though this did not work well enough with the child I used them on, I would still recommend them because they would work, you just have to have a child that will swallow them.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2616051479641231/k2311a0516/5.16.11