Chloraseptic Sore Throat Spray for Kids, Grape  » Medicine  »
  • I bought her the chloraseptic Sore Throat Spray for Kids in the Grape Flavor
  • I would recommend it to anyone with a child who gets a sore throat

• by WendyBird

I’ve used Chloraseptic Spray for years to calm sore throats, but I never was very keen on letting my child use it, even when she got old enough to. with her, I prefer to use medications that are specifically made for children. I bought her the chloraseptic Sore Throat Spray for Kids in the Grape Flavor.

It comes in a plastic bottle with a spray top. To use it, I instruct my child to open her mouth, and I give her up to five squirts, as per instructed for ages 2 to 11. It’s not for use for kids under the age of

2. After that, she is good to go for a couple more hours, since it can be used every 2 hours. I have used it myself when I didn’t have anything else to get rid of that raw feeling that sore throats cause, and it works just as well on me as she reports it to on her.

It has a really strong grape flavor, almost like grape Kool-Aid, but it’s not a sickly medicinal taste which is a plus, when using medicine for kids. If it tastes yucky, they won’t want to take it. Seconds after spraying this in my throat, I ...

• feel a numbing sensation not only deep in my throat, but also on my tongue and it takes a few minutes before my tongue starts to feel normal again. But, I get this same sensation with the original adult version as well, so this was expected. The effects will last for almost 3 hours before it starts to wear off and I need to reapply.

I have also used this for strep throat, along with my prescription medications. It’s an essential medicine if suffering with strep because while the medicines my doctor gives me will take care of the infection, I still have several

days of a really painful and raw throat. But, this will ease it up for an hour to an hour and a half so I can at least talk again (not to mention eat food). It does make food taste weird, probably because the flavor is so strong and because it has numbed my throat a little, but odd tasting food is a decent trade-off for a normal-feeling throat.

It works well and my daughter will gladly accept the squirts in her mouth if it means she will feel better. I would recommend it to anyone with a child who gets a sore throat.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2616051479581231/k2311a0516/5.16.11