Aleve Pain Reliever & Fever Reducer  » Medicine  »
  • I kind of just pushed it to the back of my mind and didn't really associate it with the pills because I had never had an issue before
  • I'd still recommend it, because not everyone will have my experience

• by WendyBird

I get a lot of aches and pains due to my work and my activities, so I have tried it all, it seems, to try and find the one wonder-drug that takes care of all my pains. One medicine I used to take until I started having reactions from it was Aleve Rain Reliever/Fever Reducer. I;d buy the big 150 pill bottles for around $12 at stores like Target and Walmart. They’re average sized blue pills that contain mostly Naproxen Sodium, which is really good for menstrual cramps.

I would take one pill every 8 to 12

hours as directed with a full glass of water, and that was all I ever needed. These pills were like magic. I could have any type of ache: headache, back ache, knee pain, menstrual pain, and even a full blown migraine, and these pills would take it completely away with only one single dose. These were my go-to pills when it came to getting rid of a migraine. I;d take one pill and feel better in an hour. Now that I no longer take them, I end up laying in bed in a dark and quiet room until it decides to subside. This can sometimes last a full day and most of the night, even with migraine medication. They just work so fast and so well. I have never seen anything like them.

I took them with no problems for years but one day, I took them the same way I always have, and I started to feel a little uncomfortable in my chest and I felt like I was getting enough air when I breathed in. I kind of just pushed it to the back of my mind ...

• Aleve Pain Reliever & Fever Reducer
      and didn’t really associate it with the pills because I had never had an issue before. The uncomfortable feelings eventually subsided and all was well again.

I took them again, on a different day, maybe a month from the last time, and again, an uncomfortable feeling in my chest with my breathing being a little off. I remembered the previous episode and made the connection, but I still wanted to be sure, because I really relied on these pills. I waited until the next day and took them again and the pain in my chest returned and my

breathing turned more to panting or gasping for air. I sat outside for the longest time, hours, and just breathed as calmly as I could, the cool air. It took so long, but finally I started feeling more normal. I guess after years of taking the medicine, I eventually became sensitive to it. But, I can no longer take it and have had to find other medicines to take. It;s a shame, because I still think this is the best pain relief medicine out there. I’d still recommend it, because not everyone will have my experience.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2616051479531231/k2311a0516/5.16.11