Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups
  • I think they are the candy that started the chocolate/peanut butter craze
  • One thing I love about Reese's is that they are sold in packs of two cups
  • And I like the fact that they are round with ridges around the edges
  • I have also seen it in Ghirardelli chocolates, so that shape is pretty common and a little boring

• by Lisa Pellegrini

What can I say about Reese’s peanut butter cups? They are simply the best. I think they are the candy that started the chocolate/peanut butter craze. I don’t recall seeing that combination before Reese’s came on the market. Since then, I have seen the chocolate and peanut butter combination in other desserts like cakes, pies, and brownies. I put Reese’s peanut butter cups in the same category as foods like Rice Krispies, Corn Flakes, and Hershey bars. They have all stood the test of time, and they are all still around, so they

are classic foods.

One thing I love about Reese’s is that they are sold in packs of two cups. After all, they are so good that it is hard to eat just one! And I like the fact that they are round with ridges around the edges. That makes them a little bit different and somewhat more appealing to the eyes than a square-shaped candy. We have seen the square shape in other candies, like the Chunky bar and Chiclets. I have also seen it in Ghirardelli chocolates, so that shape is pretty common ...

• and a little boring. It was innovative that Reese’s came up with the cup shape. I also like the proportion of chocolate to peanut butter in the Reese’s cups. I think you get an equal amount of both, with the chocolate making up the outer portion of the cups and the peanut butter acting as a fun surprise that is hidden in the center of the cups. When the two flavors come together, it is a heavenly duo that my taste buds really savor.

At my local Wegmans, a pack of two Reese’s peanut

butter cups costs 69 cents. I think that is a fair price, because that means each cup comes to almost 35 cents, which I feel is reasonable since they are decent sized cups. They are a good dessert to bring to the office to eat after lunch. The size is just right to drop into a brown bag. I hope that Reese’s peanut butter cups will still be around thirty years from now, because I love their nutty texture and I think they contain just the right amount of sugar and salt to suit my taste.

Reese's Peanut Butter Cups

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2713051478881231/k2311a0513/5.13.11