The 3 Day Diet  » Health  »
1.0
  • I know it's generally not considered healthy to lose a lot of weight in a short amount of time, but at the time, I felt desperate to lose weight
  • I thought that I could at least use this diet to jump start long-term weight loss
  • I found the 3 Day Diet when I was searching the Internet for diet plans, and I found variations of it on different websites
  • I drink a lot of water anyway, so that wasn't a problem for me
  • I wouldn't recommend this diet for anyone, because I think it's just a vicious circle

• by Davis Tucker

The 3 Day Diet was initially appealing to me, because it’s supposed to result in a 10 pound weight loss in a period of only 3 days. I know it’s generally not considered healthy to lose a lot of weight in a short amount of time, but at the time, I felt desperate to lose weight. I’ve tried several different diets with little success, so I was naturally a little skeptical about the 3 Day Diet. However, the possibility of losing 10 pounds in 3 days was hard to resist. I thought that I could at least use this diet to jump start long-term weight loss.

I found the 3 Day Diet when I was searching the Internet for diet plans, and I found variations of it on different websites. Here is the exact plan I chose to follow:

Day 1 Breakfast: black coffee, 1/2 grapefruit, 1 slice of toast with 1 tablespoon of peanut butter Lunch: 1/2 cup tuna, 1 slice of toast, black coffee Dinner: 3 ounces of chicken, 1 cup of green beans, 1 cup of carrots, 1 apple, 1 cup regular vanilla ice cream

Day 2 Breakfast: black coffee, 1 egg, 1/2 banana, 1 slice of toast

/> Lunch: 1 cup of tuna and 8 regular saltine crackers Dinner: 2 beef franks, 1 cup of broccoli, 1/2 cup of carrots, 1/2 banana, 1/2 cup regular vanilla ice cream

Day 3 Breakfast: black coffee, 5 regular saltine crackers, 10 ounces of cheddar cheese, 1 apple Lunch: 1 boiled egg, 1 slice of toast, black coffee Dinner: 1 cup of tuna, 1 cup of carrots, 1 cup of cauliflower, 1 cup of melon, 1/2 cup of regular vanilla ice cream

I was excited to start the diet, because I couldn’t wait to be 10 pounds lighter. In the back of my mind, I was already planning out what type of new outfit I would buy after my 3 days of dieting. Other than the prospect of losing a lot of weight quickly, I was pleased that all of the food on the menu plan was easy to prepare, and I already had a lot of the items I would need in my kitchen. So I knew that even if I didn’t lose 10 pounds at least I wouldn’t be in debt from this ...

• diet.

Following the diet looked easy, but it wasn’t nearly as easy as I thought it would be. The easiest part was drinking at least 4 glasses of water a day. I drink a lot of water anyway, so that wasn’t a problem for me. I had more difficulty with the limited amount of seasonings and condiments allowed. I was limited to adding only salt, pepper, lemon, vinegar, soy sauce and mustard to the food on the menu. I like a lot of flavor in my food, and the 3 Day Diet is generally a pretty bland diet.

The first day went by pretty quickly for me, and I was very proud of myself at the end of the day. The second day was a little difficult, but not too bad. I had to fight off a few cravings for food that wasn’t on the menu plan. By the middle of the third day, I was really starting to get agitated. I felt like I had been on the diet for at least a week, and I had major cravings for fast food and pizza.

I successfully completed the 3 Day Diet, but I wasn’t in a very good mood by the end of the third day. I didn’t weigh myself at all during the 3 days,

because I decided I wanted to wait to weigh myself the morning after the third day. I lost a total of 9 pounds. I was definitely excited about losing 9 pounds over such a short period of time, but my excitement didn’t last long. All I could think of was what I was going to eat. I was already thinking about what fast food restaurant I was going to eat lunch at, and where I was going to order my pizza from for dinner.

In order to keep losing weight on the 3 Day Diet, you’re supposed to take at least a 2 day break from the diet and then start it all over again. After a total of 3 days off of the diet, I had already gained back the 9 pounds that I had lost, and I had no desire to try it again. Overall, I ended up feeling deprived and unsatisfied while I was following the 3 Day Diet. The meals were filling, but I had more cravings for unhealthy foods than I usually have when I’m not on a diet. I still felt empty even though my body knew it was full.

I wouldn’t recommend this diet for anyone, because I think it’s just a vicious circle. I felt more miserable after I finished the 3 Day Diet than before I started it.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3412051478650231/k2311a0512/5.12.11