Mexican Lasagna Recipe  » Recipes  »
  • However, I wasn't nearly as impressed with the overall taste
  • The cheese was the only part of the dish that I really enjoyed
  • Even though I wasn't very pleased with the end result, I like the general idea of this Mexican Lasagna recipe, and I think it has a lot of room for improvement
  • I'll try it again, but the next time, I'm going to use salsa instead of pasta sauce, and I'm definitely not going to use corn
  • So overall, this Mexican Lasagna wasn't a complete disappointment, because with a few changes I think it has a lot of potential

• by Davis Tucker

I came across this recipe for Mexican Lasagna in the Favorite Brand Name Simple 1-2-3 One Dish Cookbook when I was looking for different ways to cook ground beef. The recipe met my main requirement, which is that it has to be easy to make. I’m also a big fan of Mexican food, so I really wanted to try it. Another plus was that I already had all of the ingredients that I needed to make it, so I wouldn’t have to go to the grocery store.

Here is the list of ingredients for Mexican Lasagna:

1 jar (1 pound 10 ounces) of Ragu Old World Style Pasta Sauce 1 pound of ground beef 1 can (15 1/4 ounces) of whole

kernel corn, drained 4 1/2 teaspoons of chili powder 6 (8 1/2-inch) flour tortillas 2 cups of shredded Cheddar cheese

It took me less than 20 minutes to prepare this recipe. Here are the instructions: First, preheat the oven to 350 degrees and set aside 1 cup of the pasta sauce. Brown the ground beef over medium-high heat and drain. Stir in the remaining pasta sauce, the corn and chili powder. Then, spread 1 cup of this sauce mixture into a 13×9-inch baking dish. Arrange two tortillas over the sauce, overlapping the edges slightly. Layer half of the sauce mixture and 1/3 of the cheese over the tortillas. Repeat the layers, ending with the tortillas. Spread ...

• the tortillas with the reserved sauce. Finally, bake for 30 minutes, then top with the remaining cheese and bake for an additional 10 minutes, or until the sauce is bubbling and the cheese is melted.

My Mexican Lasagna looked great when it came out of the oven. After cutting it into squares and serving it, I was still really pleased with it, because the layers of cheese and meat were visually appealing. However, I wasn’t nearly as impressed with the overall taste. I really didn’t like the way the pasta sauce tasted in this dish. I also didn’t like the taste of the corn at all, and I ended up picking most of it out and leaving it on

the side. The cheese was the only part of the dish that I really enjoyed.

Even though I wasn’t very pleased with the end result, I like the general idea of this Mexican Lasagna recipe, and I think it has a lot of room for improvement. I’ll try it again, but the next time, I’m going to use salsa instead of pasta sauce, and I’m definitely not going to use corn. I also think the addition of chopped onions and jalapenos will add a nice flavor to the dish. I guess I just want the dish to taste more like what I think Mexican should taste like.

So overall, this Mexican Lasagna wasn’t a complete disappointment, because with a few changes I think it has a lot of potential.

Mexican Lasagna Recipe

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 4912051478630231/k2311a0512/5.12.11