“Jumper” (2008 film)
2.5
  • But after watching it, I was sadly disappointed because I felt that the film itself, while it had a good concept, it did not really make for a good film
  • Throughout the movie, I found myself saying things like, “That doesn’t make sense,” or “why would they do that
  • The action aspect of the movie was definitely something that deserves getting some big props

• by Susanna Frank

The 2008 film “Jumper” starring Rachel Bilson and Hayden Christenson, looked to be a great action movie that would catch the viewers attention. The actors in the film are known for many other roles in which they really shined, and I had anticipated that the same would be said in this film as well. But after watching it, I was sadly disappointed because I felt that the film itself, while it had a good concept, it did not really make for a good film.

Throughout the movie,

I found myself saying things like, “That doesn’t make sense,” or “why would they do that?” and not really enjoy my time spent watching it. Especially when the main character, David, was thought of being dead by the kids he went to high school with, and then resurfacing after many years and having the other main character, Millie, not even flinching at the sight of him. It was small things like that that really made it difficult for me to really enjoy the film.

The action aspect ...

• of the movie was definitely something that deserves getting some big props. The way that the actors were able to “jump” from one destination to another, and the gadgets that were used by the actors who were looking to capture the jumpers. That was the one part of the movie that really did interest me, and kept me interested enough to make want to watch the rest of the movie.

From what I had assumed, the movie was supposed to have some sort of romance tagging along with

the action part of the story line, but the romance was highly disappointing, and sadly, not that believable. I was mostly disappointed in this part because I am a sucker for romance, but there was really no room for romance it seemed, and I couldn’t really see it blossom between the characters. Overall, I found the film to be lacking something, and I cannot honestly say what that is. But it was not a film that really kept me interested and certainly not something I would watch again.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1112051478500231/k2311a0512/5.12.11