Munchkin Fresh Food Feeder set of two  » Baby care  »
  • I like that it has a handle which is easy for him to hold
  • I am glad to know that this handle is BPA-free if he decides to use it as a teether, so I bought the set of two so I could have a replacement on hand, plus, it's more inexpensive than buying just one
  • I think the Munchkin Fresh Food Feeder is best for babies who easily get choked upon trying out pieces of food that are a bit too big or for babies who swallow the food quickly without chewing

• by Cym

Yahoo Messenger (required to be logged into Yahoo Messenger)

Is your baby 6 months old and above? Are you on the verge of feeding him his first solid foods? If your answers are yes, then Munchkin Fresh Food Feeder is a good option to try. I have read raves about it in blogs. I was attracted by its very idea of providing my baby with a safe way to eat fruits like bananas and melons, and vegetables like cooked carrots. It has a mesh that my baby could chew and eventually get the food out without my fear of him choking on cut up fresh foods. I

like that it has a handle which is easy for him to hold. I am glad to know that this handle is BPA-free if he decides to use it as a teether, so I bought the set of two so I could have a replacement on hand, plus, it’s more inexpensive than buying just one.

While my 9-month-old uses the fresh food feeder with the cut banana in it, I need to remember to put a bib around his neck as it gets very, very messy. He would sometimes grasp the mesh itself and get bananas all over ...

• his hands. So, I had to constantly wipe his hands with a wet washcloth to prevent transferring mashed food upon the stroller and his legs, too.

The downside of this invention is that the banana that gets caught in the seams of the mesh is very hard to remove. The cleaning process is a tad difficult for me. There is a need to use a soft brush, a sponge or an old toothbrush to get them out.

are a bit too big or for babies who swallow the food quickly without “chewing”. It is great for when the other family members need to dine in peace without having to stop and feed food to the baby. This is also a good tool to start him on feeding himself and to keep him busy during dinnertime. The mess and the cleaning are a bit of a turn-off for me. Therefore, when the two feeders get worn out, I won’t be purchasing anymore.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 5412051478430231/k2311a0512/5.12.11