NARS Front Row Makeup Kit  » Cosmetics  »
  • This kit retails for $59, but it's a $75 so you definitely get your money's worth
  • I was initially concerned that it would be too light to show up on my darker complexion but it surprisingly looked amazing on my skin
  • The only thing I dislike is that it does not come in the full size version
  • I have to be honest about that because I have seriously tried every single type of liner out there so I know what works and what doesn't
  • I highly recommend this kit especially for those who want to try NARS out for the first time by sampling a few of their products

• by Intensify

I recently purchased the NARS Front Row Makeup Kit at my local Sephora store. I had seen so much hype for this kit on beauty blogs and in magazines so I could not help but purchase it pretty soon after it came out. The kit comes in a pretty big box and comes with a multiple, an eyeshadow duo, a felt tip pen, and a lip gloss.

This kit retails for $59, but it’s a $75 so you definitely get your money’s worth. The multiple comes in the shade Palm Spring. It is not the full sized product but you still get a good amount in the one tube. It is a really pretty golden beige color used for highlighting. I was initially concerned that it would be too light to show up on my darker complexion but it surprisingly looked amazing on my skin. It makes it look youthful and glow-y. I look more awake and bright. It is more of a natural

glow than a glitter-y shine. This is probably my favorite part of the NARS Front Row Makeup Kit. The only thing I dislike is that it does not come in the full size version. I want more of it!

The next product is a felt tip liner. I usually hate felt tip liners. I have to be honest about that because I have seriously tried every single type of liner out there so I know what works and what doesn’t. However, I must say that the felt tip liner that comes in this kit might convert me from using gel liner to using felt tip liner. It is that amazing! Though skeptical at first, this product really did impress me. It was easy to use and allowed me to get one of the most precise lines I have ever been able to get. My favorite thing about this particular liner is that it makes doing the cat eye liner trick that most makeup artists ...

• do so much easier! I almost feel like a professional when I use this. It also has a lot of staying power. Even at the end of the day, my liner still looks intensely black. The process of applying this liner took about half the time that I normally spend when I use either gel or liquid liner.

Another product that comes in the NARS Front Row Makeup Kit is an eyeshadow duo. It comes with an olive color and a silver color with a sort of purple tint to it. The two colors are very different but they look amazing together. I would have never thought to pair these two colors but I have gotten so many compliments on my eyes when I have tried the two together. I always pair the olive with brown tones. I pair the silver-y purple color with shades of grey or blue. They are both beautiful and well pigmented.

The last product is the NARS lip gloss in

Orgasm which I am not overly excited about to be quite honest. It is a very pretty coral pink shade. It isn’t as well pigmented as I would like it to be but it does give a good amount of color. Because it is so sheer, I do not like wearing it all by itself but I think it is very pretty over a lipstick or a lip stain. This is definitely not my favorite product in the kit.

Overall, I have to give the NARS Front Row Makeup Kit a rating of an 8 out of 10. I was not that impressed with the lip gloss, but the other three products in the kit are fantastic. I would probably not repurchase the kit itself but I am definitely planning on repurchasing the eyeshadow duo and the felt tip liner separately. I highly recommend this kit especially for those who want to try NARS out for the first time by sampling a few of their products.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3111051478210231/k2311a0511/5.11.11