Lemon Cookies Recipe  » Recipes  »
  • I really like lemon bars and lemon pies, so when I found a recipe for lemon cookies I decided to try it
  • I found the recipe in the Favorite Name Brand Bake Sale Cookbook
  • Plus, I'm always searching for easy recipes, and this one definitely looked easy
  • I didn't have any trouble deciding to use the coconut, because there aren't a whole lot of cookies that I like with chopped nuts
  • I think they would be especially nice for summer parties and get-togethers, because they really taste light and refreshing

• by Davis Tucker

I really like lemon bars and lemon pies, so when I found a recipe for lemon cookies I decided to try it. I found the recipe in the Favorite Name Brand Bake Sale Cookbook. I’ve made several recipes from this cookbook, and most of them were excellent, so I was pretty sure that I would like the Lemon Cookies. Plus, I’m always searching for easy recipes, and this one definitely looked easy.

Here are the ingredients needed to make these Lemon Cookies:

1 package of Duncan Hines Moist

Deluxe Lemon Supreme Cake Mix 2 eggs 1/3 cup of Crisco Oil or Crisco Puritan Canola Oil 1 tablespoon of lemon juice 3/4 cup of chopped nuts or flaked coconut confectioners sugar

I found it interesting that the recipe called for a choice of either chopped nuts or flaked coconut. I didn’t have any trouble deciding to use the coconut, because there aren’t a whole lot of cookies that I like with chopped nuts.

Here are the recipe instructions:

First, grease baking sheets and preheat the oven to 375 degrees.

• Next, combine the cake mix, eggs, oil and lemon juice in a large bowl. Beat at a low speed with an electric mixer until well blended. Add coconut flakes, and shape into 1-inch balls. Then, place the balls 1 inch apart on the greased baking sheets, and bake at 375 degrees for 6 to 7 minutes, or until lightly browned. Cool for 1 minute on baking sheets and remove to cooling racks. Finally, sprinkle with confectioners sugar.

I thought the cookies looked great, they smelled

amazing, and I was very pleased with the taste. The coconut and lemon were very nice together, and the cookies had a light pleasant taste. They were also very moist and soft, which is exactly how I like my cookies.

Overall, I think this is a great recipe that can be made year round. I think they would be especially nice for summer parties and get-togethers, because they really taste light and refreshing. I definitely liked these Lemon Cookies enough to make them again, and I’m looking forward to sharing them with family and friends.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 4911051478110131/k2311a0511/5.11.11