Clarins Eye Contour Balm
1.0
  • I bought the Clarins Eye Contour Balm when buying the Clarins Eye Contour Gel
  • I thought the price was very high, the cheapest I could find was about $30 online, however, it retails for closer to $50

• by gecko

I bought the Clarins Eye Contour Balm when buying the Clarins Eye Contour Gel. At the time, I was using other Clarins products and was looking for specialized eye treatments to complement the mainstream creams and lotions for the face.

The Clarins Eye Contour Balm comes in a tiny white plastic tube, and only has 0.7 oz of product. I thought the price was very high, the cheapest I could find was about $30 online, however, it retails for closer to $50.

The balm claims that it will soften fine lines and aid in reduction of any puffiness. It also claims to be suitable for all skin types.

The balm, or cream, is white and not very thick when you squeeze it out of the tube. It has

an almost runny consistency, or at best, a light feeling lotion consistency. I also could not really detect any fragrance. In accordance with both the directions and the advice from the Clarins representative, I only used a tiny amount of this cream each time.

In the evenings, after cleansing my face and applying normal moisturizer, I would squeeze out a really small amount on to one finger. In reality, I would squeeze out an amount the size of a grain of rice and divide that between the two eye areas. More than that is not needed, a little really does go a long way.

I would dot the cream around the whole eye area and then gently pat it until all of it had been absorbed.

• It does absorb quickly, and once absorbed, I could not really feel any residue or greasiness.

On the positive side, my skin did not have any adverse reactions to this cream. I had no blotchiness, and no breakouts, and I did not notice any irritation. Also, even though the tube is so small, because I was only using a small amount each time, the cream actually lasted for absolutely ages. There seemed to be no end to the product left in the tube.

Sadly though, I just don’t think this cream is worth the price. I felt that it did an OK job at moisturizing the eye area, but how much of that was down to this cream, and how much was due to the fact that

I had already moisturized my whole face before applying the eye cream?

I don’t have a lot of fine lines, but I certainly didn’t see any reduction or softening as a result of using this cream. Has it worked because the lines that I do have are no worse? Maybe, or again, maybe it is because of other moisturizers that I am using.

I didn’t feel there was any noticeable difference in the eye area whilst using this cream. Because it was so expensive, I did persevere in using up the whole tube (which took forever) but I will not be purchasing this product again. At the price, or indeed at any price, I don’t think it is worth it. I also don’t really think it does anything.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3111051478080131/k2311a0511/5.11.11