Pumpkin Crunch Cake Recipe  » Recipes  »
  • I love anything that has pumpkin in it, so I knew I had to make this recipe for Pumpkin Crunch Cake when I found it
  • I found it in the Favorite Brand Name Bake Sale Cookbook
  • I thought the recipe looked interesting, because I haven't seen a whole lot of recipes for pumpkin cakes
  • However, I decided to make the recipe as is, because I figured that if the recipe was worthy of printing in a cookbook that it must be pretty good
  • I would recommend this Pumpkin Crunch Cake recipe for anyone who enjoys pumpkin, because it's easy to make, and the cake is versatile

• by Davis Tucker

I love anything that has pumpkin in it, so I knew I had to make this recipe for Pumpkin Crunch Cake when I found it. I found it in the Favorite Brand Name Bake Sale Cookbook. I thought the recipe looked interesting, because I haven’t seen a whole lot of recipes for pumpkin cakes. It also looked like it wouldn’t be too complicated to make, because there weren’t a lot of ingredients and steps involved. I was a little hesitant when I saw that the recipe called for chopped nuts, because I’m pretty picky about adding nuts to my desserts. However, I decided to make the recipe as is, because I figured that if the recipe was worthy

of printing in a cookbook that it must be pretty good.

Here are the ingredients needed to make Pumpkin Crunch Cake:

1 package (18.25 ounces) of yellow cake mix (divided) 2 eggs 1 2/3 cups of Libby’s Pumpkin Pie Mix 2 teaspoons of pumpkin pie spice 1/3 cup of flaked coconut 1/4 cup of chopped nuts 3 tablespoons of softened butter or margarine

To make the cake, first combine 3 cups of the cake mix, the eggs, pumpkin pie mix and pumpkin pie spice in a large mixing bowl. Beat the mixture on low speed until moistened, then beat on medium speed for 2 minutes and pour into a greased 13×9-inch baking pan. Next, combine the remaining cake mix, coconut and nuts in ...

• a small bowl and cut in the butter with a pastry blender or two knives until the mixture is crumbly. Then sprinkle this mixture over the batter. Finally, bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for 30 to 35 minutes and cool in the pan on a wire rack.

My cake was ready in just under 30 minutes. I kept a close eye on it, because I don’t like when my baked goods are even slightly overdone. I thought the cake looked beautiful when I took it out of the oven, and it smelled absolutely delicious. I waited for about a half an hour for it to cool before trying a piece, and I wasn’t disappointed. The

cake was moist, and I thought the coconut blended perfectly with the pumpkin. I even like it with the chopped nuts, because they didn’t seem to overwhelm the cake. Even so, I’ll probably omit the chopped nuts the next time I make it. Overall, I really enjoyed it, and I’ll definitely be adding this recipe to my collection of pumpkin recipes.

I think this cake is great served plain, but whipped cream or ice cream would be nice additions. I also think it’s the perfect dessert to complement a hearty fall dinner, as well as a nice breakfast treat served with coffee or tea. I would recommend this Pumpkin Crunch Cake recipe for anyone who enjoys pumpkin, because it’s easy to make, and the cake is versatile.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 4911051478040131/k2311a0511/5.11.11