L’Oreal HiP Studio Secrets Professional Metallic Shadow Duo  » Cosmetics  »
  • I decided that I wanted to get some eyeshadow to amplify my eyes
  • I don't usually buy eye shadow that costs nearly seven dollars but I bought this one because it was by L'Oreal which is a top brand of makeup and I figured that I would be paying for a good product
  • I thought this meant that the two colors were meant to be used hand in hand
  • I think that next time I will just try to use the black by itself because the black was so beautiful
  • It definitely helped me to achieve the smoky eye look

• by LissaK

I decided that I wanted to get some eyeshadow to amplify my eyes. I had alredy been using great mascara and liquid eye liner. I wanted to create a smoky eye for a sexy club look. I decided to buy the L’Oreal Paris HiP Studio Secrets Professional Metallic Shadow Duo in the Platinum color. I don’t usually buy eye shadow that costs nearly seven dollars but I bought this one because it was by L’Oreal which is a top brand of makeup and I figured that I would be paying for a good product.

As soon as I went home I tried out the eyeshadow. I liked

how at the bottom of the compact was a tiny application brush that I could easily keep there so that if I was on the go and wanted to put on the eyeshadow it wouldn’t be hard to find. The eyeshadow came with two colors which are silver on the left and black on the right. I thought this meant that the two colors were meant to be used hand in hand. I applied the black first and I was shocked with how rich the black looked. It wasn’t tacky or shiny but had a really deep coal look. After I put on the black I ...

• put the silver on top of that. The final result was more silver than I thought it would be. I think that next time I will just try to use the black by itself because the black was so beautiful! It definitely helped me to achieve the smoky eye look.

One thing I realized though, is that it’s very easy for the black to look too black, giving me a very Gothic look or like I’m wearing a little bit too much makeup. I also like how the L’Oreal HiP Studo Secrets eye shadow doesn’t smear. I recently wore the eye shadow to a concert where I

was sweating and jumping around. But at the end of the concert I saw how the makeup was still in place and looked as fresh as when I put it on! I showed the eyeshadow to my aunt and she’s interested in trying it too, she thinks the colors are beautiful. I’m really satisfied with how the eyeshadow looks on me. Next time I really want to get other colors like blue, pink, purple or green. I also like how it’s not hard for me to remove the eyeshadow and comes off completely when I’m ready to go to bed at the end of the day!

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3110051477630331/k2311a0510/5.10.11