Bath & Body Works Cherry Blossom Shimmer Gel & Body Lotion
  • I had bought a Japanese Cherry Blossom version of this one but also bought just this regular Cherry Blossom since they had a promotional offer of Buy 3 and get 2 so I bought several mists and lotions/shimmer gels just to save money and at the same time plus I’d be using and maximizing these because I have my weekly body massages and I was sure they would all be put to good use, except for the mist sprays which would have to take some time before I finish them all off
  • I noticed the smell wasn’t as sweet as the Japanese Cherry Blossom which consisted of powder
  • The lotion is not watered down and I like that

• by velvetcakez

I had bought a Japanese Cherry Blossom version of this one but also bought just this regular Cherry Blossom since they had a promotional offer of Buy 3 and get 2 so I bought several mists and lotions/shimmer gels just to save money and at the same time plus I’d be using and maximizing these because I have my weekly body massages and I was sure they would all be put to good use, except for the mist sprays which would have to take some time before I finish them all off.

This bottle is a shimmer gel and a body lotion and it’s a 2 in 1 product that’s sure to please anyone since it’s useful not only

for massages but also when you need that special thing when you go clubbing or go to parties. The bottle is divided in half at the middle and there’s this body lotion that’s white and the red shimmer gel that looks just like cherry. It is priced at $14 and the bottle is 198 ml or 6.7 fluid ounces and is quite heavy but very useful.

I noticed the smell wasn’t as sweet as the Japanese Cherry Blossom which consisted of powder; this one didn’t smell powdery in any way at all and it was kind of citrusy and flowery. I still like it because had the two didn’t have any difference they would just be the same but

these scents had a far contrast from each other, but I would still personally say the Japanese one was a better favorite than this one because I don’t like the smell of flowers on my body. The key fragrances on this were red plum, heliotrope, soft musk, which I didn’t really smell, sheer freesia – which had a lot of smell!, cherry blossom - this one was flowery too and no baby powder scent but I guess it’s the flowery smell too mixed with the freesia, and dewy watermelon which I also didn’t smell.

I have no complaints about the lotion itself since it’s not greasy or gooey and not even sticky. The lotion is not watered down ...

• Bath & Body Works Cherry Blossom Shimmer Gel & Body Lotion
      and I like that! You would know immediately because the lotion is really thick and you’d just know the difference if there was lots of water and if it was real, and once I applied it on my body my skin felt hydrated after comparing parts of the applied part to the parts of my body that weren’t applied with lotion yet, and they felt soft and hydrated and you’d immediately notice the difference after just several minutes. I specifically like the part where they don’t water down their lotion, and $14 is not a bad price to pay for something real and authentic as shimmer gels and body lotions that relaxes the body. Although I still prefer
      the Japanese version of this one, I still appreciate this one because it doesn’t make me cringe my nose and it’s just subtle and not overpowering and strong!

The shimmer gel just had the flowery smell too but I liked the shimmer on my body when I applied it because there was no colour and even though the shimmer gel was cherry red and was an absolute eyecandy, it won’t stain your body or your fingertips. This whole bottle is an eyecandy but the smell isn’t that crazy and to die for, unless you’re crazy about flowers and freesias, then buy this one but aside from that I’d still prefer the Japanese Cherry Blossom, and I’m glad I bought that one too!

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 319051477410131/k2311a059/5.9.11