The Cheesecake Factory Marina del Rey, CA
4142 Via Marina, Marina del Rey, CA
  • One thing we had noticed though was that the heaters were way too hot, my face felt like it was being burned and I could no longer feel my hair as though my scalp and hair were falling off because of too much heat emanating from the heater, luckily the servers were kind enough to help us lower down the temperature
  • I had ordered their Pasta Da Vinci and the meal was composed of mushrooms, onions, sautéed chicken served in penne pasta topped with parmesan cheese and in their delicious Madeira wine sauce
  • The taste is amazing and although the parmesan cheese I noticed wasn’t that plenty in this dish, there were still hints of strong parmesan flavor and what I liked about it is the Madeira wine sauce and it wasn’t too strong and powerful of a taste but the taste was just right with hints of the wine and it blended together with the chicken and the penne pasta
  • I love this dish and I am certain I will order this again at my next dine in here
  • The place looks awesome and very new and I would definitely recommend this branch, it’s quite big and very posh

• by velvetcakez

During my vacation here my aunt and a family friend treated me out to this restaurant as per my request since friends have told me to dine here, so I did and I haven’t regretted it! We visited the Marina Del Rey branch since my aunt said it was the swankiest and best branch yet and upon arrival we were glad there was valet parking since the place was packed and we only had to wait about 15 minutes until we had a table ready. We weren’t choosy and even though it was a bit chilly we opted to get a table outside since we were starving plus there were the heaters (lamps) anyway.

The outside dining place was exquisite and even though I haven’t visited the other branches I had a feeling my aunt was right and this branch could be the poshest and biggest yet as my aunt said the other branches were a bit small, unlike this one. There was a good view of the Marina and there were twinkling lights everywhere scattered up above the outside dining area so the whole place looked like the stars are just twinkling above within your reach, plus the bay’s nice view, it was a perfect dining place for dates, meetings, and celebrations.

One thing we had noticed though was that the heaters were way too hot, my face felt like it was being burned and I could no longer feel my hair as though my scalp and hair were falling off because of too much heat emanating from the heater, luckily the servers were kind enough to help us lower down the temperature.

I also noticed that the place was too packed and even when you’d just go to the restroom you’d have to quite dodge servers here and there as the place was packed with guests but mostly servers who are busy holding trays, but one staff was kind

enough to assist me in the hallways of the restaurant until I got safely exactly outside the door of the women’s restroom.

Now for the favorite part, the menu! I was looking forward to the dessert but I had to contain myself since I also needed to eat something else and not just dessert, otherwise what was the point of dining here if I’d only taste their dessert and not everything I wanted right?

I had ordered their Pasta Da Vinci and the meal was composed of mushrooms, onions, sautéed chicken served in penne pasta topped with parmesan cheese and in their delicious Madeira wine sauce. The dish was not that big as I had expected it to be, for about 2 people per serving but it’s not that small either, it is just for about exactly 2 persons per order. The taste is amazing and although the parmesan cheese I noticed wasn’t that plenty in this dish, there were still hints of strong parmesan flavor and what I liked about it is the Madeira wine sauce and it wasn’t too strong and powerful of a taste but the taste was just right with hints of the wine and it blended together with the chicken and the penne pasta. The pasta was not overcooked and the sauce were scattered evenly on all pennes and the chicken pieces were big and plenty, more than enough for 2 persons! I love this dish and I am certain I will order this again at my next dine in here!

Another dish we ordered was the Hibachi Steak in their steaks and chops section and this was also a bestseller! I can’t imagine not eating this one too at my next visit and the steak pieces are just so juicy and flavorful and the dish wasn’t that small, also good for approximately exactly 2 persons in my opinion, and it was too delicious with the Pasta ...

• Da Vinci dish we ordered, they really go well altogether.

This Hibachi steak is a certified Angus Hanger Steak served with onions, bean sprouts, Shiitake mushrooms, Wasabi mashed potatoes, and tempura asparagus. I honestly didn’t like the tempura asparagus that came along with it, most probably because I don’t like to eat vegetables and seafood but if you’re wanting that I assure you it’s most probably delicious, I just don’t eat those stuff.

The Wasabi mashed potatoes were very flavorful and even though I hate Wasabi, the flavor wasn’t strong and if you didn’t know it was Wasabi mashed potatoes, you wouldn’t know unless they have told you, so definitely a good dish since I’ve tried it and considering I hate Wasabi. The mashed potatoes is good enough for about 1.5 persons, not really a big side but it’s enough to be split by 2 persons.

The Hibachi steak pieces are diced and cubed and they are very juicy and flavorful, I don’t know what secret sauce they’ve marinated it on but the taste is very tangy and I love it and the Shiitake mushrooms were big pieces too and we honestly couldn’t finish this dish because everything was big including the mushrooms, so we still had some leftovers here!

Now for dessert! I have never had cheesecake and red velvet cake all in one and it was genius to have combined it into one cake! I had the big Ultimate Red Velvet Cheesecake piece and it was about $7.00 but it was worth it although it was quite expensive because I’ve never tasted anything like it before, plus the piece was so big I thought the piece alone could be about over 1000 calories and to think I finished it all during that time! The big piece of cake had very moist layers of red velvet cake and their super delicious cream cheese frosting that’s on top and also in

some parts of the middle and the cheesecake is also layered with the red velvet cake, so it’s layer after layer of cheesecake and red velvet cake and it’s heaven for my tastebuds!

We also tried another dessert which was called the Kahlua Cocoa Coffee Cheesecake and this also was a delicious dish but it was no contest to the Ultimate Red Velvet Cheesecake. The cake was also big but I thought it kind of looked smaller compared to the red velvet cheesekcake, the cake had layers of rich brownies, the kahlua cheesecake itself, and creamy chocolate mousse and chocolate ganache. There were some white frostings on top and the bottom part of the cake was the most delicious part since it was more like the crust. The ganache however I thought tasted quite bland and I could only taste the Kahlua and not some cocoa and only a bit of coffee. It was too sweet and I didn’t know what ingredient made it too sweet but if you like really sweet cakes then you could try this one. The cheesecake was thick and I was thankful we had that part so the overall sweetness of the cake was masked a little bit.

Overall the dining experience here was very pleasant and delicious. I had liked all the dishes we had ordered and the restaurant was very clean, very elegant, but very noisy, but it’s a celebratory restaurant so it’s a good place to celebrate occasions. It could also be a good place for dates just be sure to come in a little bit after dinnertime maybe about 10 pm and the outside dining area would be isolated and you could share some conversation and sweets there with still the magnificent twinkling and shining view of the marina and their lights. The place looks awesome and very new and I would definitely recommend this branch, it’s quite big and very posh.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 79051477390131/k2311a059/5.9.11