Thor Movie (2011)  » Movies  »
  • This movie was much talked-about and I wasn’t really into these type of movies since they’re much more of a guy’s type of movie but since there wasn’t anything else showing in the cinema except for Diary of a Wimpy Kid and Beastly, of course I opted to watch this movie since the effects and the story would be much better, mostly it was the effects that I was thinking so better to spend my money watching this one and try to enjoy it, and I’m glad I did because I enjoyed the movie
  • I thought Chris looked a bit like Brad Pitt but even better ‘cause Brad Pitt looks hagard and Chris still looks fresh and more buffed-up so he was the perfect Thor in this movie
  • I loved all of their acting especially Kat Denning’s too since I like her acting from Big Momma’s House and she looks very honest and transparent
  • Natalie is just a natural and she looks great gushing about Thor and she does a nice job here but I think Chris as Thor did the best job of all since he’s so funny adjusting with the modern world with his weird old-fashioned Asgard ways

• by velvetcakez

This movie was much talked-about and I wasn’t really into these type of movies since they’re much more of a guy’s type of movie but since there wasn’t anything else showing in the cinema except for Diary of a Wimpy Kid and Beastly, of course I opted to watch this movie since the effects and the story would be much better, mostly it was the effects that I was thinking so better to spend my money watching this one and try to enjoy it, and I’m glad I did because I enjoyed the movie.

The movie stars Natalie Portman, Chris Hemsworth, Anthony Hopkins, Stellan Skarsgard, Tom Hiddleston, and Kat Dennings. I knew all of them except for the major 2 characters which was Tom and Chris

ironically because they were the two main casts and I wasn’t really familiar with them but they were ok. I thought Chris looked a bit like Brad Pitt but even better ‘cause Brad Pitt looks hagard and Chris still looks fresh and more buffed-up so he was the perfect Thor in this movie.

The movie is all about the legends and it stars Chris as Thor, Tom as his brother (who’s really just an adopted son from their enemy ) and Anthony as the King is protecting the weapon of the enemies and Thor is chosen to be the next successor to the King.

When his brother Loki (Tom) gets jealous he plans this evil plot to try to succeed to be the next King and not Thor and he gets Thor banished from their kingdom, with Thor and the family members not knowing what he has planned deliberately since Loki was very cunning.

So when Thor is banished and gets to Earth, Natalie is smitten with him and the feeling is mutual. Stellan Skarsgard is the guardian of Natalie and her sister Darcy (Kat Dennings) and he does a great job here, usually he’s a bad character in the movies but he’s very convincing in his part here and he’s got a quite funny role and he’s just a natural. I loved all of their acting especially Kat Denning’s too since I like her acting from Big Momma’s House and she looks very honest and transparent. Natalie is just ...

• Thor Movie (2011)
      a natural and she looks great gushing about Thor and she does a nice job here but I think Chris as Thor did the best job of all since he’s so funny adjusting with the modern world with his weird old-fashioned Asgard ways!

In the end Thor’s friends rescue Thor from his evil brother’s plans and Thor and Loki battle it out at Asgard with Natalie waiting for Thor at Earth but Thor has no choice but to break the bridge and in the end, Natalie still has her hopes up in finding Thor and Thor is hopeful they will see each other again.

My only complaint about the movie is that the setting on Earth was too short and was too limited and the fights and

scenes were in the desert only and I think it would have been more exciting if it got to the city and all and a lot of people knew the legend and Thor was real, but only a few people saw them and it was a very small city. Also the middle part was kind of anti-climactic since the Earth scenes were again too limited, and I liked the scenes in the Bifrost world and the Asgard kingdom more than I did when they were on Earth. It’s a nice movie and no violence and gore and I think this would be a nice movie for boys to watch! Not really a movie I would go crazy for, but it’s ok and passes my standards, especially the effects part.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 119051477370131/k2311a059/5.9.11