Garnier Fructis Styly Curl Construct Mousse
2.0
  • So, I am on a continuing hunt for products I can use to control frizziness in my hair but let it dry in a naturally curly state and so I decided to try the Garnier Fructis Style Curl Construct Mousse
  • The price of this mousse is great, I paid less than $4
  • The smell, like many of the Garnier products is delicious
  • I thought perhaps that I had not used enough

• by gecko

I have naturally curly hair that I normally straighten. If left to its own devices, it is curly but also frizzy. Hair problems are then exaggerated by my hair being very fine and not much of it, and for this reason, I usually straighten it each time I wash it.

However, when it is very hot and humid, I often want to leave it to dry naturally to give myself a break from blowing lots of hot air at myself. So, I am on a continuing hunt for products I can use to control frizziness in my hair but let it dry in a naturally curly state and so I decided to try the Garnier Fructis Style Curl

Construct Mousse.

The price of this mousse is great, I paid less than $4. I was surprised at how small the container was though, it felt tiny in comparison to other mousses I have tried in the past and I wondered whether this would last more than a couple of washes. Still, given the price, I was looking forward to trying it out.

I washed and conditioned my hair as normal in the shower, towel dried it and applied a small amount of leave in conditioner. Then I applied the mousse. The mousse has a great consistency and feels very lightweight in the hand. The smell, like many of the Garnier products is delicious. It is light,

• fruity and tropical, and something that you would really want to put into your hair.

The first time of trying this mousse, I put about two golf ball sized amounts into my hair and scrunched it though as directed. I have medium length hair. I then left my hair to dry naturally. I have to say, I couldn’t notice anything different about my hair. It was curly in places and frizzy in others. Worst, on top of my head, it was just entirely frizzy. My hair did feel soft, but there was no curl definition as promised.

I thought perhaps that I had not used enough. So, the second time I tried this mousse, I used

probably double, if not more than the first time. Again, I left my hair to dry naturally. Sadly, again I was disappointed. There was perhaps slightly more curl definition, but my hair was still frizzy and did not last in the humidity at all. Also, where I did have curls, they dried crunchy until I scrunched them again when dry to kind of break the crunchiness.

On the plus side, my hair was soft, but I did not feel the mousse lived up to its claims. It certainly did not construct my curls and my hair was not smooth and frizz free. I will use up this container, but will not be purchasing this mousse again.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 319051477340131/k2311a059/5.9.11