L’Oreal Paris Elvive Nutri-Gloss Shine Shampoo
  • This meant I paid £1.25 for one bottle of shampoo that would usually cost £3.50 for a 400ml bottle which is a great size
  • If I need it to foam up, I just add water, since it does contain sodium laureth sulphate this isn’t a problem
  • I love the value for money that I am getting
  • I believe this is so as it contains protein and my protein always helps improve the texture of my hair, thus the reason why it is softer
  • However if you are looking for shine I wouldn’t recommend it

• by Manal

I’m not really a fan of L’oreal products however I really like their shampoos. I got this shampoo on offer of buy one get one free at my local Boots store. This meant I paid £1.25 for one bottle of shampoo that would usually cost £3.50 for a 400ml bottle which is a great size. The bottle is in a pink one.

I have quite dry hair and the shampoo gently cleanses my hair without stripping it of its natural oils at all. The texture is slightly milky and applies easily on to the hair, I distribute all over my scalp and massage

it in. If I need it to foam up, I just add water, since it does contain sodium laureth sulphate this isn’t a problem. What is surprising about this formula that even though it contains SLS, albeit the less harsher ‘laureth’ version I do not find my hair stripped of its oils which many shampoos do, even if they claim to be moisturising.

I do not find I need to wash my hair a second time with this shampoo as it does leave my hair feeling quite clean and doesn’t leave any residue from what I can tell.

The texture enables the product to ...

• last an extremely long time, I have had it for a couple of weeks and have used around a sixth of the bottle which isn’t a lot at all. I use it a couple of times a week. I love the value for money that I am getting.

I do not find that my hair is any shiner after use but I do find that it is softer which the shampoo claims to do ‘softens’ and ‘cashmere touch.’ The latter is a bit of an overstatement however it does leave my hair feeling quite soft. I believe this is so as it contains

protein and my protein always helps improve the texture of my hair, thus the reason why it is softer. It is a shine shampoo however it doesn’t deliver on that note.

The smell of the shampoo smells okay but it is definitely not its selling point, I can’t pin point the smell, all I can say it that it is slightly sweet, flowery and fruity.

I would recommend this to all hair types even the oiliest and the driest as it does leave the hair feeling moisturised but not at all greasy. However if you are looking for shine I wouldn’t recommend it.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 319051477260131/k2311a059/5.9.11