Queen Helene Jojoba Hot Oil Treatment
1.0
  • I found that the texture was more a cheap shampoo texture
  • I purchased it from a beauty store and it cost £2.99 for 236.6 which is a great amount for a hot oil, however it doesn’t perform as one, which explains the extremely cheap price tag

• by Manal

This product is a jojoba product however it doesn’t contain much jojoba when you look at the ingredients, it is the 4th ingredient, water being the first. It also contains keratin amino acids.

It is supposed to be used as a hot oil treatment for the hair. I heat the product up in hot tap water and apply it after washing my hair as these are the instructions it gives.

The texture of the product isn’t pleasant; it is a watery yet slimy texture which the hair does not absorb at all. I found that the texture was more a

cheap shampoo texture. After I had used it, my hair did not feel any different at all so I had to use conditioner after using the product.

Hot oil treatment are supposed to protect, heal and make the hair shine and this treatment did not help on any accounts. It says on the packaging that it ‘conditions & controls brittleness, breakage and split ends.’ However I do not feel that it did any of those. Even though it contains amino acids, albeit far down on the list, it doesn’t seem to help the condition of my hair improve at all.

• Even when used as a pre-shampoo treatment it did not help my hair either. I don’t think I will be trying any other methods to use it because the quality of the product itself is poor and I can see from the ingredients and formula of the product that it wouldn’t help my dry hair.

On a positive note the packaging is easy to use it has small cap and an opening which makes it easy to remove product without it spilling or pouring too much, unless you slip the bottle of course. The packaging also has a measurement

line, where you can see in ounces how much product you have left. This is ideal if you were to need measurements. If it was a good product you could mix it with other products to create your own hot oil concoction, which I would do it is. However it isn’t so I cannot use it for that purpose.

I purchased it from a beauty store and it cost £2.99 for 236.6 which is a great amount for a hot oil, however it doesn’t perform as one, which explains the extremely cheap price tag.

I don’t recommend this product at all.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 319051477210131/k2311a059/5.9.11