Nature and Herb 100% Pure Aloe Vera Oil 4oz  » Health  »
2.0
  • I found this oil online and was pleased that it was very inexpensive
  • This could be a problem if I was going to use an oil that would not work well with one of their carrier oils
  • If I don’t know what to avoid, I cannot avoid it
  • I think this is probably a good product, actually, but it is a bit risky
  • Because of this lack of information, I cannot in good faith recommend this product

• by reviewabit

I have been a user of aloe vera for a long time. I take it internally and use it for skin conditions like burns. I have a hobby of making up my own skin preparations, using essential oils and other natural products and bases.

When I heard of someone using aloe very oil in a product, I was confused. I had heard of aloe put into a gel base, which of course necessitates preservatives and a more complex recipe.

I was not aware that aloe vera had enough oil to extract to make a pure oil. I later learned that it is made within a carrier oil, which is vegetable based, and then the aloe is somehow drawn

out and it becomes pure aloe oil.

I still am not sure I understand the process, but all I knew was that I really wanted to make a massage oil for summer than contained some aloe, so I could offer it to anyone who was suffering from sun burn or even dry skin. I found this oil online and was pleased that it was very inexpensive.

Once I got the order in, I was surprised that there was no ingredients label, and that made me a bit skeptical. However, I used it anyway, in a mix with some sweet almond oil and essential oils for fragrance.

What I ended up with was a very light textures massage oil that ...

• worked very well. I used it on several people and myself and although the quality was good, I was never sure exactly how much real aloe I was getting.

I explained the situation to someone online who had a similar hobby to mine, and was told that it would be better to get the aloe oil from a more reputable source. I later found that Jason organics made an aloe oil, that was in a base of sunflower and safflower oil.

Although I knew that other oils were going to be involved with both products, somehow having one with a label on it was more reassuring, even if I did have to pay a lot more

per ounce. Honestly, in using both oils, I cannot tell much of a difference between them, so it could be that both are identical in recipe, but there is no way to know– since the Nature and Herb brand has chosen to make their ingredients unavailable to users.

This could be a problem if I was going to use an oil that would not work well with one of their carrier oils. If I don’t know what to avoid, I cannot avoid it.

I think this is probably a good product, actually, but it is a bit risky. I think all manufacturers should label their products precisely.

Because of this lack of information, I cannot in good faith recommend this product.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 349051476651231/k2311a059/5.9.11