Wash & Curl Curling Shampoo dry/thin/fine Hair 8 oz  » Health  »
  • I found a bottle of this shampoo when I was helping my aunt pack to move, and she gave it to me
  • I wanted to avoid using a conditioner so I would be able to see just what this shampoo could do
  • The curls held pretty well, but I think this was more due to the gel and nt the shampoo

• by reviewabit

I found a bottle of this shampoo when I was helping my aunt pack to move, and she gave it to me. I have some natural curl to my hair, but the top is thinning, and many products I cannot use because they weigh it down. I have often wished I could make the ends of my hair more wavy or curly without having to use much product in my hair. I liked the idea of a shampoo that would do this.

The product claims that it will help maintain moisture balance, and even enable fine and limp hair to have more curl staying power. I took

the bottle home, and on my next day when I was planning to stay at the house, I tried out the shampoo. It had a pleasant clean smell, and made a nice lather.

After rinsing my hair, it felt very tangled. I wanted to avoid using a conditioner so I would be able to see just what this shampoo could do. After finally getting the tangles out, I let my hair air dry, fluffing it occasionally so the natural curls would have every chance to plump up.

Once they did dry, I applied a little gel and scrunched them. The curls held pretty well, but I ...

• think this was more due to the gel and nt the shampoo. My hair was actually pretty dry from the shampoo.

I think it did give a bit more body, but it also made the ends frizzier, and it was curls, not frizz that I wanted. I tried again the next time I shampooed, and this time used a volumizing conditioner. After rinsing out the conditioner, my hair felt much better than it had when I used the shampoo alone.

I towel dried it and let it air dry just like before. This time, any effect that the shampoo might have provided before was

obviously overridden by the conditioner. I tried one more time, this time adding just a tiny bit of conditioner, and only on the dry ends.

This gave a better result, although my hair still looked a bit dry. I decided to take the compromise. I did this new routine for about two weeks, always using the Wash and Curl.

It made a pretty decent “wet look” curl, but at the end of the two weeks, my hair looked completely frazzled. It was very dry and looked brittle. While I think this shampoo has some value for promoting natural curl, it is pretty harsh and probably not a good thing for fragile hair.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 349051476571231/k2311a059/5.9.11