Salon Selectives Spa Body Wash, Pomegranate 24 oz  » Health  »
  • I took a look and found that the product was very inexpensive, so I bought a bottle
  • I think there were too many detergents in it for that
  • I have never had a problem with a pomegranate scent before, but this one just didn’t agree with my chemistry or something

• by reviewabit

I remembered Salon Selectives shampoos from a few years back, and when I first saw this product on the shelf, I assumed without a close look that it was a shampoo, one of the old ones. Then I saw “pomegranate” and realized it must have been created more recently because pomegranates just became all the rage in the last few years. I took a look and found that the product was very inexpensive, so I bought a bottle.

In the bottle, the smell was very nice– fruity and tart, with some warm undertones. For the price, it was a steal, and it was a large twenty four ounce bottle too,

so it would last awhile.

The ingredients list read like most others of its class. It used sulfate detergents to produce lather, so I expected a good lather.

The product claim to uniqueness was that it contained coenzyme Q10, which is known well for its hearth health benefits, but also for a “defense against aging” and “to maintain firmness and tone. ” If anyone believes they will get an anti-aging effect from a bottle of three dollar body wash, I have some swamp land to sell them.

Anyway, I figured it would be a decent shower wash with a pleasing scent. That was worth the three bucks.

...

• According to the label, there is no animal testing involved in making the product, so that was a nice plus. I tried out my first shower with it in the morning, and it did indeed make a nice lather.

It cleaned well and rinsed well, and left my skin feeling smooth, but not really moisturized. I think there were too many detergents in it for that.

The fragrance was nice while I was using it, but for some reason, once I got out of the shower, I did not like the way it smelled in its faint, lingering form. Somehow it reminded me of something sour.

I

asked my partner if I smelled like a sour grape and was told that I did not, so maybe it was all in my imagination, but after that, I just couldn’t get into using the product, and I only used it a few more times before it was used up by other family members. I have never had a problem with a pomegranate scent before, but this one just didn’t agree with my chemistry or something.

I think, judging by the fragrance in the bottle, that most people would like it, if they like fruit scents. It is still a great buy and an effective cleanser, even though it wasn’t the right one for me.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 349051476541231/k2311a059/5.9.11