Alba Un-Petroleum Multi-Purpose Jelly 3.5 oz  » Health  »
  • I have had some experience with Alba products, and it has been with mixed results
  • Some products I was very happy with, and some I did not care for, but this one had good reviews in general, so I thought it was a safe bet
  • Although I have been a loyal user of Vaseline for years, and have never experienced any problems that I know of, it is made with petroleum, and petroleum chemicals are not supposed to be very good for you
  • The first ingredient on the list is castor seed oil, followed by coconut oil (which I love), beeswax, and vitamin E
  • It does cost more in the long run than petroleum jelly, but this is to be expected from a natural product

• by reviewabit

I have used petroleum jelly for years as a moisturizer and hand treatment, but a natural product-loving friend of mine finally convinced me to try a natural alternative instead. I have had some experience with Alba products, and it has been with mixed results. Some products I was very happy with, and some I did not care for, but this one had good reviews in general, so I thought it was a safe bet.

be very good for you. This product is very much like petroleum jelly in its consistency and effectiveness, but is made from safe, natural ingredients that you don’t have to worry about your exposure to.

The first ingredient on the list is castor seed oil, followed by coconut oil (which I love), beeswax, and vitamin E. These are excellent ingredients for skin softening and protection.

There is no petroleum, paraffin, mineral oil or parabens. Since you can use this jelly in any way you would normally use Vaseline, I have tried it as a hand treatment, lip balm, protectant for rashes, and even as ...

• a deep facial treatment.

It works well for each use, except there is a bit of difference in the texture if you use it as lip balm. It does not have the same degree of smoothness as petroleum jelly on the lips.

It is not so obvious elsewhere. It still works as well as far as softening and protecting the lips, but it has a more sticky nature and feels a little weird.

When I use it on my feet for rough heels, I do feel that the slight stickiness of it is annoying, but it heals up dry cracked heels really well. It

is unscented but does have a faint “green” smell.

This is not normally noticeable, so it’s not really a problem using it with other fragranced products. It does cost more in the long run than petroleum jelly, but this is to be expected from a natural product.

The 3. 5 ounce tube lasts me for a very long time, as it is a concentrated product and I never use very much of it at once.

If you like the feel of Vaseline, but are concerned about your exposure to petrochemicals, this is probably a very good alternative for you. Alba seems to have made a pretty accurate replacement.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 349051476361231/k2311a059/5.9.11