Smart Scoop self-cleaning litter box  » Pets  »
1.5
  • When I saw Smart Scoop in stores and read on its box that it is compatible with any type of clumping litter, I thought well, this could be great , and I bought it
  • However, I am utterly disappointed with it
  • First of all, I think the rake is a little on the short side, because when I cleaned litter box to change the sand at the end of the week, I found that there was a layer of feces under the top layer of clean sand, clearly it needs to reach a little more to the bottom of the box
  • Plus, when I watched it work, I noticed that only about half of the junk was picked up and put into the waste tray, the rest just sat near the rake
  • Also, it is most definitely not compatible with all types of litter sand

• by Julin

When I saw Smart Scoop in stores and read on its box that it is compatible with any type of clumping litter, I thought “well, this could be great”, and I bought it. However, I am utterly disappointed with it.

the end of the week, I found that there was a layer of feces under the top layer of clean sand, clearly it needs to reach a little more to the bottom of the box.

Plus, when I watched it work, I noticed that only about half of the junk was picked up and put into the waste tray, the rest just sat near the rake.

Also, the motor is terribly weak.

It would get stuck in the middle of the litter box ALL THE TIME, so I would have to constantly turn it off and push it back.

Also, it is most definitely not compatible with all types of litter sand.

I find that at least one piece of feces would get stuck on the rake every time it ...

• Smart Scoop self-cleaning litter box
      cleans, and the rake essentially just breaks up all the clumps into tiny pieces that can’t be picked up.

And, recently, the cord of the box got caught between a little ridge on the side of the box and the motor, so the motor stopped moving, but it also won’t let me unlock it so that I can let the cord loose.

So I had

to resort to forcefully pulling it out, resulting in a little tear on the cord.

The good thing is that the cord is covered in the warranty.

And according to other reviews, I think I can also get an upgrade package…hopefully… Anyways, I wish that instead of keeping the box, and praying that it would magically work well, I would have returned it the day I bought it.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 299051476171131/k2311a059/5.9.11