Sewing Pattern Vogue 1237 (V1237)  » Other  »
  • Overall, the sewing pattern Vogue 1237 (V1237) was a real learning experience for me because I dislike sewing linings because I never know how much to incorporate into the garment or which particular lining to use
  • I love the fact that it was somewhat like a dress suit but with a modern take on it
  • I like how it could be worn as both a day or night look which I used for night a lot and mostly without the jacket
  • Although I had a little help finishing this garment, I enjoyed learning from my aunt who is a more experienced sewer than I am

• by C.Channing

Sewing pattern Vogue 1237 (V1237) is a pattern designed by fashion design duo Tom and Linda Platt. Tom and Linda Platt do both ready-to-wear for women and couture, and they also do custom design for clients. I have seen a lot of their work and I am fan especially of their couture line.

Sewing pattern Vogue 1237 (V1237) is a ready-to-wear dress that can be worn as either a day or night look. Because I really liked this look for both day and night, I knew I had to choose a color that would transition well and black is the perfect color to transition a look from day to night. I especially liked the separate jacket because it also helped me transition the outfit.

The fabrics I chose were a solid black double knit for both the dress and jacket, and I chose red charmeuse for the jacket lining to give it a little pop and black charmeuse to line the dress. Both were expensive. I had quite a few notions to sew on with this pattern: buttons, invisible zipper, and hooks and eyes. I hand sewn all the notions except for the zipper.

The sewing pattern Vogue 1237 (V1237) was available in my size–size 6–which was great because I didn’t have to do any resizing, and for me resizing means extra preparation before I begin to sew. Cutting out the pattern pieces and sewing them together along with the notions were easy. I had a little difficulty ...

• sewing the lining because I’m uncomfortable with not knowing how much lining to incorporate into the garment because a lining is a building block of a garment and if sewn improperly the entire outfit could fall apart. However, I had some help from my aunt who loves to sew just as much as me and she gave me a few suggestions about sewing linings and knowing the difference between all four. The only thing I can really say I did was made the top more fitted because it was a square neckline and the fit on those need to be executed perfectly for the right fit.

linings because I never know how much to incorporate into the garment or which particular lining to use. I love the fact that it was somewhat like a dress suit but with a modern take on it. I like how it could be worn as both a day or night look which I used for night a lot and mostly without the jacket. I also liked that it had a professional feel to it without losing the femininity of the garment entirely. Although I had a little help finishing this garment, I enjoyed learning from my aunt who is a more experienced sewer than I am. I also ended up making this same outfit for my mom because she liked it so much.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 126051475430331/k2311a056/5.6.11