Up and Up Diapers from Target  » Baby care  »
  • The Up & Up brand had 20 more diapers in their box and cost $12 less than the ones I was usually buying
  • I didn't want to buy a big box at first, so I bought small box so I could see how they fit and functioned on my son
  • On first inspection, I noticed that the sticky tabs seemed very secure and stretchable

• by kristinmarie

After trying three major name brand diapers, I started my search for a diaper that was functional yet affordable. Diapers are a necessity for my son just like food, but I wanted to find a diaper that wasn’t going to bankrupt me. I considered going with cloth diapers but after some research I dismissed the idea because the money I would be saving by not buying disposables would be sunk into a higher water bill due to constant washing of them. I was at Target one day doing some shopping with a gift card when I strolled into the diaper isle. My 12 year old daughter was with me and she commented on how pricey diapers were.

When I told her roughly how much we spend it diapers each month, she asked “Why don’t you buy these ones? They are a lot cheaper than the ones we get. ” My eyes followed to where she was pointing. She was pointing

to a big plain looking box of diapers. They were Target’s Up & Up brand of diapers.

I bent down to look at the price and compare them to the diapers I was using on my son. WOW! I couldn’t believe my eyes. The Up & Up brand had 20 more diapers in their box and cost $12 less than the ones I was usually buying. I didn’t want to buy a big box at first, so I bought small box so I could see how they fit and functioned on my son.

After we got home, I immediately picked up my son to see if he needed a diaper change. For the first time since he was born, I was excited to smell a poop aroma coming from him. I whipped off his pants and dirty diaper, cleaned him up and strapped on one of the new Up & Up diapers I just bought. Despite the plain looking ...

• box, the diapers were cute and covered in big blue and green polka dots.

On first inspection, I noticed that the sticky tabs seemed very secure and stretchable. Stretchable tabs are something I value in a diaper because it allows my son to move without getting a rash or red mark. About two hours went by before I had to change his diaper again. When I took off his dirty diaper, I was pleased with the absorbency.

It did not leak at all. A few hours later I had to change him again. Again I was pleased with the absorbency and how well it held his poop. Over the next few days, I finished off the little box of Up & Up diapers and was so pleased with the performance that I officially made these diapers his regular ones.

Other than the absorbency, I am pleased with these diapers over all. They are soft and comfortable to the touch

and allow my son to move around without being constricted. There are only two minor negatives about the Up & Up diapers that I have found. One being the cute design.

At first, the blue and green polka dots are adorable. After about 100 diaper changes later, I hate them. I now have a hatred for the colors blue and green. The second minor negative is that these diapers don’t whisk away urine and poop away from my son’s butt like the major brand name diapers I use to use.

Don’t get me wrong, the absorbency is great, but since they don’t whisk away the wetness, I find myself not being able to let him in a dirty diaper for more than a minute before he starts to complain. The major positive about the Up & Up brand diapers is the quantity for the price versus the major name brand diapers. What a deal it is to find more diapers for less cost!

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 544051475081231/k2311a054/5.4.11