Sewing Pattern Vogue V1235 (V1235)  » Other  »
  • Vogue sewing pattern V1235 is a pattern by DKNY which I love because DKNY is known for creating feminine and form-fitting pieces which always looks great on any body type
  • It was definitely the perfect project for a beginner sewer, and a great dress to add to the wardrobe

• by C.Channing

Vogue sewing pattern V1235 is a pattern by DKNY which I love because DKNY is known for creating feminine and form-fitting pieces which always looks great on any body type. The dress has a v-neck top with a cute belt to bring in the center and it hits just at the knee. I love flirty and flowing dresses such as Vogue sewing pattern V1235.

Because of the picture of the dress on the envelope, I had the perfect fabric for it which was grey stretch matte jersey knit I purchased from Trim Fabric.

I had originally intended to use this fabric for another project, but once I saw the front of the envelope I knew it would be perfect for the DKNY dress. For the belt I wanted to retain the same fabric, therefore, I ended up cutting the pattern piece for it in the grey jersey knit and dyed it black. The only notions I had to work with was an invisible zipper and an elastics. I also ended up having to make major adjustments in order for it to fit because the Vogue sewing pattern V1235 only came in a size eight and above and I’m a size six. Other than that, I didn’t have any real problems with the sewing.

The fabric I purchased was easy to work with and I think it’s because I love working with jersey fabrics. The invisible zipper was easy to install and I liked how the placement of it was on the side instead of in the back which I liked better because it’s always easier to get into a dress when the zipper is on the side. I ...

• Sewing Pattern Vogue V1235 (V1235)
      had to install pockets on the dress which I liked because it added a little flirty vibe to the dress overall. I had to do some gathering which wasn’t bad because it gave the dress detail without the addition of more notions.

Overall, I love the Vogue sewing pattern V1235 by DKNY because I have created the same dress in various colors: I love this dress. The directions were easy to follow and although a lot of technical work went into making the dress, it didn’t feel like work at all. I love

the comfort of this dress and how well it fits on my body, and it’s a dress that can be worn either during the day to work or to run errands or it can be worn at night for a date or a night out with the girls. It’s a multipurpose dress which I like. The notions were a cinch to sew probably because I’ve had plenty of time to perfect sewing zippers and elastics. It was definitely the perfect project for a beginner sewer, and a great dress to add to the wardrobe.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 124051474831231/k2311a054/5.4.11