Lenovo 3000 G430 laptop, model 20008  » Laptops  »
  • I bought the Lenovo 3000 G430 laptop in 2009 from a store called Silicon Valley in SM City Cebu
  • Another thing that I love about this Lenovo is it doesn't get too warm even after a full days work
  • Fortunately for me, I never have this issue with my Lenovo
  • I prefer sticking my tablet right next to the laptop
  • With regards to the sound volume, I think its good enough if you are the only one using the laptop

• by my2cents

I bought the Lenovo 3000 G430 laptop in 2009 from a store called Silicon Valley in SM City Cebu. At that time it cost me around Php28,000. This laptop’s features include a 14.1″ WXGA lcd screen, Pentium(R) Dual-Core CPU T4200 @ 2.00Ghz, 1912mb RAM, 250gb SATA hard disk, wifi, webcam, DVDrom, SD/MMC/MS/MS Pro slot and many others.

One thing that attracted me to this particular unit is how professional and sleek it looks. The lid is smooth and black with very thin gray pinstripes and their logo is done in a silvery mirror finish. The inside is gray with the same thin pinstripes. Very smooth and easy to wipe clean. The trackpad size is around 7×4cm and is big enough

for me. I don’t usually use it most of the time anyway since I rely mostly on my pen tablet. You can always turn off the trackpad, a feature not present in my previous laptop. I really think having this feature is important especially at those times when I rest my left hand on the keyboard while my right hand is using the pen tablet and I don’t want any movement from my left hand to accidentally interfere with the cursor’s movements. It is also important especially when my daughter decides to sit on my lap while I’m working and she tries to follow me by rubbing her hands all over the trackpad.

Another thing that I love about this ...

• Lenovo is it doesn’t get too warm even after a full days work. My old laptop gets too warm and uncomfortable to use after just a few hours. I used to have a separate cooling fan underneath it. My laptop bag was heavy enough without the cooling fan so having to carry it with me everytime really bothered me. Fortunately for me, I never have this issue with my Lenovo.

The SD/MMC/MS/MS Pro slot is found in front of the laptop, underneath the trackpad. It works fine. No problems whatsoever. The DVDrom is located at the right side of the laptop, beside the power cord cable. A usb slot is found on the left side, and two more usb slots are

located on the right side, near the front of the laptop. I wish the usb slots were not too close to the front of the laptop since plugging a cord there would mean I have to move my pen tablet farther away from the keyboard. I prefer sticking my tablet right next to the laptop. It’s more comfortable for me that way.

With regards to the sound volume, I think its good enough if you are the only one using the laptop. But if you want to watch a movie with a few people it’s better to attach some decent speakers. My Lenovo is durable. It’s been almost two years since I bought this unit and so far I have no problems with it.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 634051474681231/k2311a054/5.4.11