Bliss Super Slough Body Scrub  » Cosmetics  »
  • So it finds a compromise for people like me, who cannot stand the skin-stripping feeling of sugar or salt scrubs, without skipping a well-rounded shower experience
  • I would recommend this body scrub for light scrubbing

• by jhunie

Before I knew it, I figured it out in perspective that most of the exfoliating products I’ve been using right now come from Bliss. It started with a foot product to soften cracked feet, then the lemon+sage body scrub (also the body butter) and, recently, the Super Slough body scrub. That said, you can picture my bathroom filling with a small niche of Bliss’ products. Products of interest to me never extend as far as the ones Bliss has online, because they’re terribly priced for a thrift-finder like myself. Anyway, it was painful to see a huge bottle of this go, and the price was slashed lower. I didn’t want to get back to scrubbing with rough sugar scrubs. No way! When I read the text ‘fresh-foaming’ in the bottle, that somehow fit the type of scrub I was looking for.

Essentially, this body scrub fares midway between a shower gel and pure chunk-sized scrubs.

So it finds a compromise for people like me, who cannot stand the skin-stripping feeling of sugar or salt scrubs, without skipping a well-rounded shower experience. I have super tiny bumps in my arms (genetic condition called keratosis pilaris), and even without rich lotions, the rashes turn flawlessly smooth out of the shower. As a moisturizing cleanser, which is rather odd for a scrub, it’s brilliant at balancing both moisturizing and exfoliating. I swear! I can feel this filmy texture after washing my body as opposed to the dry, bare feeling you normally get with abrasive scrubs. That way, it really replicates the shower gel experience while sloughing off dead skin.

Against organic body polishes found in spas, the super slough scrubs gentler. The beads don’t feel very solid as they glide upon the lubricating lather, so the scrub ignites less friction. It is true that the scrub is fresh-foaming, or that it foams quite a handful.

• The foamy lather can get very runny, though. In a nutshell, the scrub is the same as facial cleansers with more exfoliators thrown in the mix. To achieve that soapy lather while putting the beads at work (they tend to slip off the surface), I focus first on scrubbing the beads then lather it up like soap later on. That way, I don’t miss anything. With sugar scrub, the sandy particles scratch the skin too much and leave my elbows flaky. No scaly elbows for this one.

The blue exfoliating beads are suspended in a bluish semi-gel formula. Not like other scrubs with irregularly sized bits, the exfoliating grains seem spherical in shape and of the same size. The sloughing scrub assists in hair removal too if you so wish. Exfoliating helps to inhibit the growth of hair before I reach my epilator. But the lemon+sage scrub, which feels more abrasive, works much better

for this task. Another thing to like about this body scrub is that it’s mild for scrubbing the bikini area. I don’t know if I’m alone on this vein, but nonetheless, this scrub really covers the rest of the body, including those sensitive no-scrub zones.

I would recommend this body scrub for light scrubbing; that is if you care to make a body wash out of a body scrub or vice versa. For purists to the mostly raw and rough formula of body scrubs, you might find this inadequate. It smells rather masculine for my taste, a sudsy overly “sanitized” kind of fragrance. The sudsy scent fades in comparison to the refreshing, tropical smell of lemon+sage. I bought mine for only 22 dollars. This large bottle is probably tantamount to a lifetime worth of supply. It’s a giant bottle that stands out in my bathroom. Blissful - is a word that aptly sums up my opinion of this product.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 313051474540331/k2311a053/5.3.11