Betty Crocker Kitchen Colander
  • I noticed that this method often had me dropping noodles everywhere and giving me more of a headache than anything
  • It was not the biggest and best colander, but it was definitely better than nothing
  • I liked that it was just big enough to drain what I need for my small family, but would not recommend it to anyone who is trying to make large portions of food
  • I like that this colander is dishwasher safe, because the high water pressure often can help with this issue
  • It makes it easy for them to cool off and it has made making mash potatoes a better and easier experience for me

• by adrean_j

I have always had problems draining my pasta, because I was taught to do it the old fashioned way. I have never used a strainer or colander and usually will just place the lid over the pot and drain manually using oven mitts. I noticed that this method often had me dropping noodles everywhere and giving me more of a headache than anything. When I went into a local dollar tree store I saw the Betty Crocker Kitchen Colander for the very low price of one dollar. It was red in color which was perfect to match my dish rack. It was made of thick plastic and was moderate in size. It was not the biggest and best colander, but it was definitely better than nothing. I liked

the brightness of it and the slickness of it against my fingers. I liked that it was just big enough to drain what I need for my small family, but would not recommend it to anyone who is trying to make large portions of food. The wholes are just the right size and keep my pasta in the colander while getting rid of the water.

The only thing I hate about the size of the holes is it makes it hard to wash. I have found that if I don’t wash it immediately and let some of the starch dry on it, I have a hard time getting it out of each and every hole. I find myself soaking this colander if I want to wash it by ...

• hand so that any leftover starch can be broken down. It usually makes my task a bit easier. I like that this colander is dishwasher safe, because the high water pressure often can help with this issue. I have had plenty of plastics that claimed to be dishwasher safe and found that they came out distorted because of the heat of the water. This plastic was strong and durable and kept its shape wash after wash. I like that this product last me long term and is sturdy. I found that this product was useful and enjoy using it whenever I make pasta especially.

I like this product and could see myself buying another one whenever this one does go bad. It has already lasted me a

couple of months and I can tell it has a lot longer to go. I did have to go out and buy something bigger, because this one was a little small at times. I would only recommend this product to people with small families. I would also recommend this people who are tired of dealing with a mess every time they want to strain something. The little handles on this colander are easy to grip and hold. I like that I can grasp it and it makes everything simple and mess free. I also like to use this product to strain my potatoes after boiling them. It makes it easy for them to cool off and it has made making mash potatoes a better and easier experience for me.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 533051474370331/k2311a053/5.3.11