Desert Essence Organics Hand and Body Lotion Spicy Citrus 8 oz
  • I tried out this hand lotion in a natural food store, and found the scent very interesting, so I bought a tube to keep in the kitchen
  • I have noticed a huge improvement in the condition of my hands since putting this lotion in the kitchen
  • My hands are much softer now, and since I use moisturizers and cotton gloves regularly at night too, I think I have my hands well taken care of all during the day now
  • I have used jojoba oil for my cuticles before and was pretty impressed with it, so I am wondering if that is the element of this product that is helping the nails
  • I would recommend this to anyone who loves a rich, spicy orange smell and needs a good lotion for their hands or body

• by reviewabit

I have become a fan of the Desert Essence brand from using their tea tree products and essential oils. I tried out this hand lotion in a natural food store, and found the scent very interesting, so I bought a tube to keep in the kitchen. The kitchen is one room I have not normally kept a lotion, but I realized that it would be a rational idea, since I do most of my hand-washing in there, so it would be the right place to replenish! Plus, the spicy orange scent would be perfect for kitchen use, especially since I had a lemon grass cleanser in there at the time.

Like all of their products, this one has no sodium lauryl or laureth sulfates, no parabens, silicones, or petrochemicals. It’s fragrance and color come from natural sources and essential oils.

The eight ounce tube is a little expensive for lotion, but it is a good quality and I expect to pay more for natural and organic products anyway. The scent is wonderful and reminds me a bit of an orange spice tea my grandmother used to drink.

It is orange, with ginger and clove. The moisturizers in the lotion are jojoba oil and shea butter.

The texture is medium-light. It is rich enough to treat very dry skin, but still ...

• light enough that you are not afraid to touch things after putting it on your hands.

It does not feel greasy, and absorbs pretty easily. The orange spice scent really did work well in the kitchen, not just for its nature and scent, but because the strong spice and citrus helps to neutralize odors on the hands, like garlic or onions.

It works well with the lemon grass cleanser, and would go with any citrus based fragrance and most spicy ones. I have noticed a huge improvement in the condition of my hands since putting this lotion in the kitchen.

I automatically put on a little lotion now, every time

I wash my hands at the kitchen sink, which is quite often. My hands are much softer now, and since I use moisturizers and cotton gloves regularly at night too, I think I have my hands well taken care of all during the day now.

My nails look stronger and don’t break as easily too. I have used jojoba oil for my cuticles before and was pretty impressed with it, so I am wondering if that is the element of this product that is helping the nails.

I would recommend this to anyone who loves a rich, spicy orange smell and needs a good lotion for their hands or body. It’s a winner.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 342051474040331/k2311a052/5.2.11