Spinach and Artichoke Dip Recipe  » Recipes  »
  • Collectively, I think my family has a lot of great recipes, but I like my aunt's spinach dip so much that I would rather fill up on it than eat an actual meal
  • I found a recipe online that's a version of a spinach and artichoke dip by Betty Crocker
  • I serve it in a hollowed out round loaf of bread just like my aunt serves her cold spinach dip, and although I think it still doesn't come close to my aunt's recipe, it's still a spinach dip, and I think it's very good

• by Davis Tucker

One of my favorite appetizers is the spinach dip that my aunt usually brings to family events. It’s a cold dip served in a hollowed out round loaf of bread. Collectively, I think my family has a lot of great recipes, but I like my aunt’s spinach dip so much that I would rather fill up on it than eat an actual meal. At family events I’m so obsessed with eating her dip that I always forget to ask her for the recipe. To this day, I don’t have it.

I’ve lived several hundred miles away from my family for several years and I don’t see them as much as I used to, so I really miss their cooking. I’ve tried to replicate my aunt’s spinach dip through trial and error with recipes I’ve found on the Internet, but in my mind nothing has come close to comparison. However, I did find a recipe for a hot spinach and artichoke dip that I really like. I found a recipe online that’s a version of a spinach and artichoke dip by ...

• Betty Crocker. I serve it in a hollowed out round loaf of bread just like my aunt serves her cold spinach dip, and although I think it still doesn’t come close to my aunt’s recipe, it’s still a spinach dip, and I think it’s very good.

Here are the ingredients required to make it:

1 cup of mayonnaise 1 cup of grated Parmesan cheese 1 can (approximately 14 ounces) of artichoke hearts, drained and chopped 1 box of frozen spinach, thawed and squeezed dry 1/2 cup of chopped red bell peppers 1/4 cup of

shredded Mozzarella cheese 1/2 teaspoon of black pepper

To prepare it, first preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Then mix the mayonnaise and Parmesan cheese together. Next spoon the mixture into a one quart casserole dish and sprinkle the Mozzarella cheese on top. Finally, cover and bake for approximately 20 minutes, or until the cheese is melted, and serve. I like it best served with bread, but crackers are also a nice complement for this dip.

Overall, I think my aunt’s spinach dip inspired me to test my own cooking skills, and I’m happy I found a new recipe that I really enjoy.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 492051473700231/k2311a052/5.2.11