Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith  » Movies  »
2.5
  • And, while I was impressed by the special effects and the fighting, I was seriously disappointed at the movies failure to carry over seamlessly into the original Trilogy
  • The overall plot and constant fighting made the movie interesting
  • First, when I think of Darth Vader, I think of the ultimate evil person
  • Unfortunately, Episode III shows he's not evil, just really confused

• by Steve
      I finally got a chance to watch the final Star Wars Prequel, Episode III: Revenge of the Sith. And, while I was impressed by the special effects and the fighting, I was seriously disappointed at the movies failure to carry over seamlessly into the original Trilogy.

Set roughly 20 years before the original Star Wars, Revenge of the Sith focuses on the end of the Republic, the slaughter of the Jedi

and how Anakin Skywalker turned to the dark side and became Darth Vader.

The overall plot and constant fighting made the movie interesting; however, it did a lot to ruin the original films for me too.

First, when I think of Darth Vader, I think of the ultimate evil person.

Unfortunately, Episode III shows he’s not evil, just really confused.

I’ll never look at him the same way again.

Then there ...

• are the unresolved questions the movie does not answer that leave a big hole in the 1970s original that is supposed to take place 20 years later.

For one, Obi Wan Kenobi is present when Luke and Leah are born.

Yet, 20 years later, he doesn’t know Luke has a sister.

It also doesn’t answer why he doesn’t remember his former droid R2D2 or why Leah is considered a Princess in

the original movie even though her mother, Amadala, was no longer a queen by the third episode and her adoptive parent is only a senator, not a king.

It would also have been nice if, at some point during the three prequels, they would have taken 10 minutes to explain exactly who the Sith were and why they hated peace and Democracy so much.

I honestly believe, for all the hype, the movie is a serious disappointment.

Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in April, 2007. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 111004147371030/k2311a0410/4.10.07