Recipe for No Bake Cookies  » Recipes  »
  • Now my schedule is a lot more hectic, and unfortunately baking seems more like a chore to me than a fun project
  • I don't have my grandmother's original recipe, but I found a similar recipe online that I frequently make
  • I never really liked the taste of it on its own, but I think the result of the cookies as a whole tastes great
  • My family and friends agree that these cookies are great, and whenever I serve them they're gone in no time
  • So I highly recommend this cookie recipe for anyone who likes to make cookies but is burdened by time spent in the kitchen

• by Davis Tucker

Baking was fun for me when I was a teenager and I had a lot of time on my hands. Now my schedule is a lot more hectic, and unfortunately baking seems more like a chore to me than a fun project. I still prefer homemade desserts over store bought treats, so I’ve learned to take short cuts in the kitchen to accommodate my schedule. I got the idea to make no bake cookies from my grandmother. She used to make them for everyone at Christmas,

and although she said she made them because the recipe was easy, they were always just as popular as all of the other homemade cookies and cakes that my aunts would spend hours making. I don’t have my grandmother’s original recipe, but I found a similar recipe online that I frequently make.

Here is the ingredient list for these no bake cookies:

1 3/4 cups of white sugar 1/2 cup of milk 1/2 cup of butter 4 tablespoons of unsweetened cocoa powder 1/2 cup of crunchy peanut butter 3 cups ...

• of quick cooking oats 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract

These are really easy to make, and there are only a few steps involved. First, combine the sugar, milk, butter and cocoa in a medium saucepan, bring to a boil and cook for approximately one and a half minutes. Next, remove from the heat and stir in the peanut butter, oats and vanilla. Finally, drop by spoonfuls onto wax paper and let cool until hardened.

When I first found this recipe I was a little hesitant about using crunchy

peanut butter. I never really liked the taste of it on its own, but I think the result of the cookies as a whole tastes great. The recipe is really easy to follow, and it’s really hard to mess up. I don’t have to worry about burning the cookies in the oven. My family and friends agree that these cookies are great, and whenever I serve them they’re gone in no time. So I highly recommend this cookie recipe for anyone who likes to make cookies but is burdened by time spent in the kitchen.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 492051473650231/k2311a052/5.2.11