CVS 8 Hour Extended Release Acetaminophen Caplets  » Medicine  »
  • It is hard for me to say which one is the best, but I do know which active ingredients usually work best for me
  • I also noticed that I had to drink quite a bit of water to get it down without irritation
  • I thought this medication could be stronger
  • I would only recommend this medication for mild or moderate pain

• by adrean_j

I have used many different over the counter pain killers in my life. It is hard for me to say which one is the best, but I do know which active ingredients usually work best for me. I have not always been much of a fan of acetaminophen when it comes to very intense pain, but decided to give it a try. I had not been having any more luck with my usual pain killer and even started to feel that my body was getting immune to it. In order to switch things up and try to fight my pain, I purchased the 8 Hour Extended

Release Acetaminophen Caplets from a local pharmacy. The product was supposed to treat my pain for up to 8 hours, and I was hoping that it would. I was having a very intense pain in my hand and could not really use it without feel a sharp shooting pain. I was not really trying to pay for an expensive doctor visit and decided to try this product first.

These caplets were around ten dollars and come with a whopping 100 caplets. Each caplet contained 650 mg of acetaminophen and one dose was two caplets. I took the dose and thought the pills were a little bulky.

• They were white in color and looked very plain. I was able to swallow them with ease, but did not like how I could feel them going down my throat. I also noticed that I had to drink quite a bit of water to get it down without irritation. After taking this medication, I did not feel any better until a little over an hour later. When I did feel something, it decreased the pain by about 30 percent. I felt a difference, but it was not a significant difference. I thought this medication could be stronger. I did notice that it lasted about 8
        hours, but did not give me the relief I was looking for.

I thought this was an okay medication, but it is not something that I would buy for the type of pain I had. I had some pretty intense pain and this just was not enough. Since I had the bottle for quite a awhile, I used it for many different purposes. It worked better when I was suffering from a mild headache, and I felt about 80 percent relief from it. I would only recommend this medication for mild or moderate pain. I also think it is good for people who want to feel all day relief.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 262051473570231/k2311a052/5.2.11