LA Boxing Merrillville, Indiana  » Other  »
5206 East Lincoln Highway, Merrillville, Indiana
  • I decided to try a free class at LA Boxing
  • The first thing I noticed was how clean the place was
  • My first experience was a kickboxing class
  • I can't say that it's a perfect gym, but it's deffinately one of the best cardio kickboxing and boxing gyms around

• by Fan412

When I first heard about LA Boxing, I was skeptical. I was looking for a new gym that offers kickboxing, but more of a technical kickboxing class. I came from Corrals Martial Arts, which I loved until it became to expensive to afford.

They showed you the correct way to punch, kick, and even take down opponents in self-defense. I decided to try a free class at LA Boxing.

The first thing

I noticed was how clean the place was. You weren’t breathing in dirty or smelly odors like you’d find in most gyms, but clean fresh air.

When you walk through the doors you can see some exercising equipment, a boxing ring, an octagon, and 5 rows of heavy bags. The people there are very nice and the instructors are very helpful and nice.

They offer boxing, kickboxing, MMA classes, and yoga. My ...

• first experience was a kickboxing class.

It consisted of 10 minutes warm up and cardio, 40 minutes of working on combinations that the instructor calls out on the heavy bag with cardio and 1 minute breaks in between, and ends with abs and stretching. The class was mostly cardio kickboxing, but you can also hop in the ring with someone if you have the right protection.

I can’t say that it’s a

perfect gym, but it’s deffinately one of the best cardio kickboxing and boxing gyms around. On a technical standpoint LA Boxing is one of the worst you can get when it comes to kickboxing and boxing classes.

But if you sign up for the MMA classes for a higher price, you will get trained by professional fighters and train the way they do. Overall, LA Boxing is worth trying if you’re looking for a good workout.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 122051473460231/k2311a052/5.2.11