Avon’s Ideal Shade Dual Powder Foundation with SPF 15  » Cosmetics  »
  • Moreover, its washable sponge is pretty amazing and it is not rough on the skin
  • It has SPF 15 but I don't think it is helpful enough to protect the skin against harmful UV rays
  • Actually, I bought this product for special occasions

• by Lynn M. A.

Ideal Shade Dual Powder Foundation is one of the several cosmetic products that I have purchased from Avon. It comes in black square case with two compartments, one is for the sponge and the top level is for the foundation itself. It looks classy. It is available in 4 shades namely; Nude, Shell and Pure Beige and Natural Beige.

I purchased Nude since it suits my fair skin complexion. I love its natural effect on my skin. Before I

apply this on my face, I always make it a point to do my skin care routine prior to putting make-ups.

I have an oily skin so I put first an oil control base before I apply this foundation. Anyway, if you go for a natural finish, wear it wet and if you prefer a matter powder finish, then apply it dry on your skin. As for me, it all depends on my mood.

Sometimes, I applied it wet ...

• and sometimes dry. I do some retouching from time to time if applied dry. However, for wet application, it sticks to the skin and gives a natural glow to the skin.

I also like its faint smell. So far, I haven’t experienced any skin irritations. Moreover, its washable sponge is pretty amazing and it is not rough on the skin.

I always wash the sponge once a week or depends on the frequency of use. It has SPF 15

but I don’t think it is helpful enough to protect the skin against harmful UV rays. So, I advice that you put some sun-protection base if you use this at daytime.

Now, with regards to the price, it is around PhP499(Philippine Peso) or $10. You can only purchase this through an Avon sales agent. Actually, I bought this product for special occasions.

I don’t use this everyday. I prefer the loose powder. However, if you love foundations, this one is a must!

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 312051473360131/k2311a052/5.2.11