VH essentials Rapid Screening Test for bacterial vaginal infection 2 ea  » Health  »
  • If you are reasonably sure it is a yeast infection and the results support this, you can then avoid a trip to the doctor and use an over the counter medicine for yeast infection
  • I think this test is a very convenient and money saving way to get a good idea of what you are dealing with
  • Most of us hate going to see the doctor about a vaginal issue
  • I highly recommend this home testing product

• by reviewabit

I have diabetes, and part of this lovely disease can be frequently occurring yeast infections. Since every symptom might not indicate a yeast infection, it is often better to be safe than sorry. I have had cases where a shift in pH or something weird would cause a bacterial overgrowth and produce symptoms like a yeast infection.

If you assume it is yeast, and treat it as yeast, you are wasting money and time and all the while your real infection may be getting worse. I started keeping a screening test on hand for when this happens.

Although I do not get anywhere near as many infections as I did when

I was first diagnosed and learning to control diabetes, it still happens now and then, especially if I am under stress. I have used a couple of different brands, and one of them was the VH Essentials rapid screening test.

It is a very simple test to use, and gives accurate and fast results. It would be amazingly difficult to screw up or misread this test.

Two swabs are included (two separate tests) that you simply get a discharge sample of, and wait to see if it changes color. I have used this brand several times, and every time the results were spot on correct.

The swabs are yellow– if they ...

• remain yellow, then your vaginal pH is normal, and your symptoms, itching, burning, discharge and general discomfort, are probably due to a yeast infection. If any part of the swab changes to blue or green, your vagina pH is abnormal (raised) and may indicate a bacterial infection.

If your swab turns green or blue, go to the doctor, period. Do not wait around to see if it gets better on its own, don’t use home remedies, go get help.

for yeast infection. This will work for most people.

If it does not, again, go see your doctor. Some yeast infections are very stubborn and resistant to treatment, especially if you are diabetic or have other health problems.

I think this test is a very convenient and money saving way to get a good idea of what you are dealing with. Most of us hate going to see the doctor about a vaginal issue.

It is sometimes awkward and may involve stirrups! This is a great way to weed out some of the times that you don’t have to go and face that embarrassment. I highly recommend this home testing product.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in April, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3429041473190530/k2311a0429/4.29.11