Storage rent, Saugus MA  » Business  »
640 Broadway, Saugus MA 01906
  • However, you pay handsomely for this service

• by Lynn Reviewer

I am currently renting out a storage unit at Extra Space Storage in Saugus MA. The location is pretty convenient. It is up on a hill on Route 1 North directly across the highway from the Hilltop Steakhouse. My unit is a 10ft x15ft space on the 1st floor of the main building.

The place is very clean and usually well staffed with someone available during office hours to help you. However, you pay handsomely for this service. My unit is $131 rent every month.

I have mine full of

things (bedroom furniture, TVs, household things) from a house that I sold in September. I am slowly cleaning it out since it kills me to pay that much money every month. When you sign up, they let you use their moving truck for free.

However, the catch is that you can only use it during your 1st month to move stuff in and never to move stuff out. They have a tiny dumpster on site that you are absolutely forbidden to use. They monitor it with cameras 24/7.

Don’t try ...

• to use it, you will get caught. Inside the place, The aisles are wide enough to fit almost anything from a house move. I had an oversized couch that easily was moved into my unit.

They have a pretty decent lighting in my unit and electrical outlets nearby that you can use. They have a good amount of 4 wheel carts to move stuff in or out that are located at the main entrance or in one of the hallways. The main gate is keycoded with the first three digits

being your unit number and the next four digits being the last 4 digits of your social security number so it is easy to remember.

The main building is also keycoded the same way. I have been there at night and I don’t know what they have for security in the main building, but I felt safe going there late. If you don’t mind paying extra for cleanliness and helpful staff.

This is a good storage facility. If you are looking for a bargain, this is not the place for you.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in April, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 4129041473040530/k2311a0429/4.29.11