Sundown Southern Eather in Winter Haven, FL  » Restaurants  »
1100 3rd Street S.W., Winter Haven, FL 33880
  • I immediatelly felt like this was the kind of southern hospitality we were hoping to experience, being non-southerners ourselves
  • The dessert, red velvet cake, was not the best I ever had
  • Overall, we enjoyed the food and decided to return on a Friday night
  • I recommend this place as the perfect date night location with the decor and vibe as what I see is the best quality

• by kkflowers

Sundown Southern Eather in Winter Haven, FL Entrees range from $13 - $25 If you are looking for a classy place with a romantic atmosphere, then the Sundown Southern Eatery is for you. We passed this place a few times after moving temporarily to the area and decided to pop in with visiting family, due to the nice looking exterior on a late Sunday afternoon. The restuarant was quiet at this time, and the manager actually took some time to welcome us and get to know us.

He was kind enough to give us his

card and make sure we knew about their lounge and live music performances. I immediatelly felt like this was the kind of southern hospitality we were hoping to experience, being non-southerners ourselves.

The food was very good with typical southern cuisine, included well-prepared steaks and seafood. There is a vegetarian option which comes with endless salad and your choice of veggie plates.

I made the mistake of ordering greens which had been cooked with pork, and later found out to steer clear of the black-eyed peas for the same reason. Otherwise, I now ...

• stick to the truly vegetarian veggies on the menu, which are satisfactory to me.

The kids menu satisfied the little one we had with us. The dessert, red velvet cake, was not the best I ever had.

Overall, we enjoyed the food and decided to return on a Friday night. Although the restaurant was crowded and we did not have a reservation, we were immmediately seated in the lounge, met by friendly waitstaff and treated to a pianist/singer by candlelight.

The lounge is really my favorite part of this venue. It is

well decorated with art and a fully romantic and relaxing atmosphere.

My husband raved about the delightfully boneless fried chicken. The cocktails and wine were also the perfect touch.

I recommend this place as the perfect date night location with the decor and vibe as what I see is the best quality. Skip the dining area and stick to the lounge.

Prices are reasonable and the fresh baked bread is lovely. There aren’t many places like this in Winter Haven, so I have been back many times and will continue to share this with my husband, friends and family.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in April, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 729041472990530/k2311a0429/4.29.11