Loreal Touch-On Highlights Hair Kit  » Cosmetics  »
  • I didn't want to spend more money at the salon, so I decided to try to add highlights myself at home
  • The application process was simple and easy, but the one problem I had was with the timing
  • The product is not supposed to be left in the hair for more than 30 minutes, but I found that by the time I was done applying the product, there were some areas of my hair that had the product on for 30 minutes already, while other areas had only had the product on for a few minutes
  • I definitely didn't want to leave the product on too long, so I washed it out 10 minutes after I was done with the last strand of hair
  • I would recommend this product to anyone who is looking ot brighten up their hair color at home for a reasonable price

• by kaygen

I have had blonde hair for about 20 years and I recently decided to go a bit darker in order to cut down on how often I need to touch up my roots. I went to the salon and got my hair darkened, but it turned out too dark for my taste. I didn’t want to go back to being totally blonde, but I needed something to brighten up my hair a bit. I didn’t want to spend more money at the salon, so I decided to try to add highlights myself at home. I purchased Loreal’s Touch-On Highlights Kit at the drugstore for around $12. I purchased this product because it looked very simple and easy. The highlights could be applied strand by strand, without the

need for a cap or foils.

I began the highlighting process right when I got home. The kit comes with a liquid and powder that need to be thoroughly mixed together in the provided tray. Once the two products are combined, a fluffy paste is formed. The paste resembles frosting and it blue in color, making it easy to see which strands of hair have been colored. The kit also comes with a small applicator that resembles a rubber brus, and it designed to slip over your finger. I tried the applicator, but found it to difficult to work with and I ended up just using my fingers to apply the product and pull it through my hair.

The application process was simple and easy, but the one problem I ...

• had was with the timing. The product is not supposed to be left in the hair for more than 30 minutes, but I found that by the time I was done applying the product, there were some areas of my hair that had the product on for 30 minutes already, while other areas had only had the product on for a few minutes. I definitely didn’t want to leave the product on too long, so I washed it out 10 minutes after I was done with the last strand of hair.

The product rinsed easily, and the kit comes with a deep conditioning treatment to use after coloring. The conditioner made my ahir really soft. Once I was done rinsing and conditioning, I dryed my hair and veiwed the results.

Since I had gotten the product in the lightest available shade, I expected the results to be more dramatic. There was a contrast to my hair, and I could see subtle highlights throughout, bu tit wasn’t super drastic. The color wasn’t as white as I thought it would be, but rather a honey-blonde, which did help brighten and warm up my hair color overall.

I think this product is a good purchase overall. It’s better than spending too much money at the salon, and it’s easy to do at home. I plan to purchase this kit again and give it another try once my current highlights fade. I would recommend this product to anyone who is looking ot brighten up their hair color at home for a reasonable price.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in April, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3128041472780430/k2311a0428/4.28.11