McCormick Buffalo Wings Mix
  • For those of you who like their Buffalo wings very, very authentic-tasting, I suggest to get the Screamer because it will really make you realize how Buffalo wings are supposed to taste
  • This makes restaurant-style Buffalo wings, so I love it but they could have made more spices in the packets for more chicken wings

• by asg

I have been wanting to cook my own restaurant style Buffalo wings, but I haven’t found the right combination of recipes to achieve it. I am a big fan of Buffalo wings and would really love it if I could do it in such a way that it would seem that it has been cooked in a restaurant. I kept on searching and searching, until I finally saw McCormick’s Buffalo Wings mix in the supermarket. I was not intending to buy it that time but I just wanted to try it anyway.

For only $1, this

McCormick Buffalo Wings Mix comes in different varieties. I bought the Classic and Screamer. As the name implies, the Classic mix is the usual spicy mix that people are accustomed to. I would rate the spiciness at 5/10. The Screamer, on the other hand, is the more-than-the-usual super spicy mix. I would rate it at 10/10. For those of you who like their Buffalo wings very, very authentic-tasting, I suggest to get the Screamer because it will really make you realize how Buffalo wings are supposed to taste.

The pack contains 2 packets (like in a ...

• booklet). The packets are labeled 1 and 2. Packet number 1 is for the breading. This is to be used as the spice marinate, to coat the chicken wings before deep frying it. Packet number 2 is for the spicy sauce. This is meant to be used as the final coating for the deep fried chicken wings. It is placed in a Tupperware (or any plastic bin) and with the cooked chicken wings, it is shaken until the mixture of the sauce is properly mixed with the chicken wings.

I must say, this mix really is

something. I loved the mix that McCormick made! I added some honey to my spicy sauce to make it semi-sweet and spicy, just how I would love my Buffalo wings. The only downside to this mix is that if you are cooking a lot of wings (I am talking a dozen), this mix is not enough. So you have to purchase maybe 3-4 packs for cooking a dozen or more chicken wings.

This makes restaurant-style Buffalo wings, so I love it but they could have made more spices in the packets for more chicken wings.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in April, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2728041472760430/k2311a0428/4.28.11