Seven Seas, One-A-Day Pure Cod Liver Oil Plus Evening Primrose Oil  » Health  »
  • Although I never really noticed any difference while taking these pills and it was purely just to add some omega-3 into my diet I recently felt that my hair has been in a not so good state and was dry and frizzy and my sin too had a dull look to it
  • The bottle that I bought has 90 Gelatin free capsules and cost me S$22.00
  • I decided it was not that expensive considering that it is a once a day capsule and the bottle will last me to for about 3 months
  • The reason why I was interested in the Cod Liver with the addition of Evening Primrose Oil is that post pregnancy I have acquired brown patches on my face on both of my cheeks and I believe it is some type of melasma caused by hormonal imbalance or something and hoped that the capsules would be of some help in eliminating it and also get some help for my hair, skin and just overall health in general
  • I have been taking these capsules for two months now and I like to take it before food in the morning just to avoid any aftertaste incase I happen to burp or something

• by true_value

Yahoo Messenger (required to be logged into Yahoo Messenger)

Although there is a ton of other brand that made Cod Liver Oil, the brand that first comes to mind is Seven Seas. This brand has been around for ages and I remember my mom giving it to us when we were kids. Well, since then I have taken Cod Liver Oil capsules every now and then from other brands as well.

Although I never really noticed any difference while taking these pills and it was purely just to add some omega-3 into my diet I recently felt that my hair has been in a not so good state and was dry and frizzy and my sin too had a dull look to it. Since Col Liver Oil is said to be good for overall health and for good hair and skin and I hadn’t been taking any for quite some time and decided to get a bottle.

At the store I noticed that Seven Seas has added quite a variety of capsules.

They had the regular caps and then they had few other multi vitamin caps as well. The one that caught my attention was the Seven Seas One-A-Day Pure Cod Liver Oil with OMEGA-3 Fish Oil & Vitamins A, D and E.

I have used Pure Evening Primrose Oil earlier. I had bought a large 200 capsule bottle and never finished it because I hated the aftertaste and also it made me feel strange because of the huge size of the capsule and that it was not gelatin free. Evening Primrose Oil however is said to be very beneficial for healthy hormonal balance.

The bottle that I bought has 90 Gelatin free capsules and cost me S$22.00. I decided it was not that expensive considering that it is a once a day capsule and the bottle will last me to for about 3 months.

Each of the capsules has 650mg of Cold Liver Oil (Triomega) and 200mg of Evening Primrose Oil and the capsules are ...

• recommended for adults and children over 12 years to be taken with a cold drink. However, as mentioned on the bottle anyone who is pregnant or planning a pregnancy or suffer from epilepsy is advised to consult their doctor before taking any type of vitamin or mineral supplements.

The reason why I was interested in the Cod Liver with the addition of Evening Primrose Oil is that post pregnancy I have acquired brown patches on my face on both of my cheeks and I believe it is some type of melasma caused by hormonal imbalance or something and hoped that the capsules would be of some help in eliminating it and also get some help for my hair, skin and just overall health in general.

The capsules come in a sealed plastic bottle with a screw cap which is easy to store and use. I like that the capsules are a nice size and not as huge as some of the other capsules that I have seen

and the liquid inside is a golden color. I have been taking these capsules for two months now and I like to take it before food in the morning just to avoid any aftertaste incase I happen to burp or something.

Well, after taking the capsules for over two months I have not noticed any changes in the melasma but I do notice improvement in the overall look of my skin as it seems to feel smoother and healthier, I didn’t notice much of a difference with my hair but then I guess since this is not actually a medication I might need to take it for at least 6 months to notice a good improvement in the condition of my hair.

While taking the capsules I did not feel any side effects or discomfort and I am going to continue taking it just because I feel that in the long run it will benefit me.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in April, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3428041472740430/k2311a0428/4.28.11