Iceberg’s Chocolate German U-Boat Banana Split
Iceberg Restaurant, Timog Avenue, Quezon City, Philippines
  • I liked their chocolate ice cream, however plain it is
  • All in all, for the price, I guess I may have had a better banana split with pralines before in a different restaurant

• by asg

The weather now is really crazy hot. With summer temperatures reaching 36-37 degrees Celsius, I really needed a nice, cold ice cream dessert that could quench my thirst. I am literally having headaches because of the heat!

It is a good thing to know that there is a nearby restaurant called Iceberg’s that serves ice cream desserts all year around. Last night I went there and had their famous Chocolate German U-boat Banana split. For

only $4, I got to enjoy 3 scoops of chocolate and vanilla ice cream mixed with chocolate chips, moist brownies, almonds and marshmallows. It is also topped with nuts, chocolate syrup, whipped cream, wafer sticks and a nice cherry on top.

I really did not like having a vanilla ice cream scoop in my banana split, so I opted to have 3 scoops of all chocolate ice cream instead. I requested it to the waiter ...

• and he immediately granted my request. I liked their chocolate ice cream, however plain it is. The ingredients that were added are quite enough because I could not even finish the whole banana split and I only ate one half of the banana slice. The wafer sticks were great because it added a crunch appeal on my banana split. There was a lot of whipped cream which I did not like so much but hey,
        I guess it’s there for a reason.

All in all, for the price, I guess I may have had a better banana split with pralines before in a different restaurant. But it is quite okay for now because I could not ask for anything else. It did make my body cooler because of the generous scoops of chocolate ice cream. It really helped in making me feel cooler and it is a great way to banish the heat.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in April, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2728041472730430/k2311a0428/4.28.11