Shiseido Ultimate Sun Protection Cream SPF 55 Face Sunscreen
  • I know very little about the science of sun protection, but it’s clear that my face doesn’t like the chemicals found in sunscreens
  • To tackle this problem, I must use a high-caliber sunscreen
  • I like the sunscreen’s mattifying coverage
  • I consider my skin very sensitive at the moment after surviving one or two weeks of consistent breakouts
  • Come summer time, I absolutely recommend this

• by jhunie

I have a long list of issues concerning the use of face sunblocks. I know very little about the science of sun protection, but it’s clear that my face doesn’t like the chemicals found in sunscreens. I break out quick as a wink. For a certain period of time, I acquired sun protection cosmetically from tints and face creams with meager spf. The inherent pigmentation on my face, which I successfully treated in the past, has come back like an old friend. To tackle this problem, I must use a high-caliber sunscreen. I deal with bleaching products periodically to mend post-acne spots and harsh cleansers. Such products seem to improve my skin overall. But they increase my skin’s sensitivity to sun’s harmful rays. As a

cousin to Shiseido’s foundation stick, a cult favorite of mine and others, I also got the ultimate sun protection cream. Arguably, I may have used a sunscreen higher than spf 55, but, if the main criterion is my skin’s adaptability, this one ranks at the top.

I like the sunscreen’s mattifying coverage. My face absorbs it in a minute, and it doesn’t contribute a tight feeling. The cream shows a very faint tint, so I can’t say it’s completely translucent. It was hard to recognize it in the beginning. My face has a yellow undertone, and the cream leaves my skin dull, perhaps a shade paler than normal. A bronzer fixes that in a flash. For fair complexions, I see that as insignificant. It would probably just

disappear on your skin.

For sure, what drives people away from using sunblocks is their icky texture. This cream is unmistakably thicker than regular moisturizers. I don’t think it has shaken off the proverbial consistency of sunblocks; you can tell from the stark white color of the cream to the way it spreads on skin: it is a sunblock and not a face cream. At room temperature, it resists flow and is less messy than the semi-fluid Shiseido lotion (which I liked though). The cream also oxidizes and hardens if exposed to air for long. Without a moisturizer, the cream has got me covered still. The texture is likened to putting an oil-controlling toner or lotion.

Versus my face cream, tinted moisturizer and whatnot, this helps to control my incurable ...

• Shiseido Ultimate Sun Protection Cream SPF 55 Face Sunscreen
      oily skin. But it’s not going to hold on like a formidable mask. It just delays the process before the oils totally ruin my makeup. I haven’t used it in the beach yet; it would be interesting to test and find out if it’s really sweat-proof, or waterproof – to the extreme conditions. Whenever I apply moisturizer, my face would feel steamy as hell. I’m going minimalist with my makeup and stick to this cream. It’s too heavy to pile them up, so it seems. It doesn’t smell strongly of chemicals, such as paint or lacquer.

At the core, I stick to this sunscreen, because it has stayed adaptable on my face, which is a big sunscreen snob. I consider my skin very sensitive at the moment

after surviving one or two weeks of consistent breakouts. Once I started with this product the sunblock hasn’t upset my skin, and it has remained so with continuity. And I’m applying it almost every day. Thus, I’m near to that point, when my skin has reached a truce with sunblocks. There’s an exception though, I believe the cream is causing a small number of bumps or spots on my neck. I rarely get pimples in my neck, so I find that radical. That’s okay, as long as it doesn’t concern my face. Otherwise, I’d be devastated. A small tube costs 19 dollars. I suppose a high value of spf warrants an equally high price. Come summer time, I absolutely recommend this. Agreeably, it’s my ultimate sunscreen.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in April, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3128041472710430/k2311a0428/4.28.11