VIZIO XVT423SV 42-Inch Television  » Electronics  »
  • Although the Vizio did not seem as attractive as the Samungs, due a much thicker bezel, I figured I was not paying for the look of my television but for its working quality, so I decided to go right ahead and purchase this product
  • Unfortunately, I had underestimated just how ugly the Vizio truly is
  • Although this is only an issue in certain scenes, I believe it is unacceptable in a television that costs over $1000

• by Agoobacha

I have become something of a television expert in recent months as numerous models have failed to meet my standards. I may seem unnecessarily finicky to some, but if I am paying a great deal of money for a big screen television, then I expect it to be fully worthy of that high price tag, in other words, perfect. Every model I have gotten thus far, which has included a couple of Samsungs, a Philips, and an LG, have been problematic in one way or another. After doing endless amounts of research I finally settled on Vizio, the only American brand that also happened to have the highest reviews and

the lowest price for its size and quality.

Although the Vizio did not seem as attractive as the Samungs, due a much thicker bezel, I figured I was not paying for the look of my television but for its working quality, so I decided to go right ahead and purchase this product. Unfortunately, I had underestimated just how ugly the Vizio truly is. The bezel is extremely thick, but more than that it makes the television look and feel much bigger than the 42 inches that I had seen previously. It takes over the room, and my living room is fairly spacious.

Other than its unseemly outward appearance, the Vizio immediately showed ...

• its true colors but having a good amount of blooming visible in darker pictures. Blooming essentially provides a surrounding glow to an object when it is placed amidst an otherwise darkened screen. This was so noticeable that at one point Alec Baldwin, wearing a dark suit, was made into a walking stick by the brightness of the sun. Although this is only an issue in certain scenes, I believe it is unacceptable in a television that costs over $1000.

Aside from the blooming, the Vizio is actually pretty impressive. This is the ONLY television that promises Wi-Fi and actually delivers it straight out of the box, without making you purchase

some kind of additional device to activate it. It is very exciting to have numerous Internet apps such as Facebook and Twitter right on your television screen, even though the design for all of these has not yet been perfected. The colors and brightness of this television is wonderful because it is a fully backlit LED as opposed to others which are only edge-lit, providing a more uniform screen and making for much less adjustments on my part.

This could have been a great product if it wasn’t for a few small tweaks. I have a feeling that LED televisions are just to new to be perfect, but I will keep on searching.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in April, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1628041472610430/k2311a0428/4.28.11