Deviled Eggs Recipe  » Recipes  »
  • I just counted on my mother or grandmother to make them, because I thought they were the keepers of some secret recipe that only they could make
  • Deviled eggs have definitely become one of my favorite recipes to bring to all kinds of events, because they're very easy to make, and people just genuinely seem to love eating them
  • I think people generally enjoy deviled eggs because they're a familiar food with a comforting twist, so they'll always have a place on my top ten list of appetizers

• by Davis Tucker

No matter what the family event is that I’m attending, deviled eggs are usually on the appetizer table. They’re usually also one of the first appetizers to disappear from the table. Even though they’re a crowd pleaser I didn’t try making them until recently, because I also thought they looked like they would be complicated to make, and I just didn’t want to invest the time into making them. I just counted on my mother or grandmother to make them, because I thought they were the keepers of some secret recipe that only they could make.

One weekend I was

visiting my mother, and I asked her to make some deviled eggs. Usually she doesn’t deny me anything, but on that particular weekend she was really tired and suggested that I should make them. I was having a craving for them, so I got the recipe out of her recipe box and went to work. In the end, making deviled eggs turned out to be a lot easier than I initially thought it would be. I’m also now the designated bearer of deviled eggs at family events.

These are the ingredients you’ll need to make this recipe:

1 dozen eggs ...

• 8 tablespoons mayonnaise 2 teaspoons yellow mustard 2 teaspoons pickle relish salt pepper paprika

The first step is to boil the eggs. I was hesitant about simply boiling eggs, because it was just something I’d never done before. I now know that I shouldn’t have been worried, because boiling the eggs for approximately ten minutes produces the desired result. After the eggs are boiled, simply drain them and soak them in cold water for approximately twenty minutes. Then slice the eggs in half lengthwise and remove the yolks with a spoon. Place the yolks in a mixing bowl, add

the mayonnaise, mustard, relish, a pinch of salt and pepper and mix the ingredients together with a large fork. Then spoon the mixture back into the eggs. Finally, sprinkle the eggs lightly with paprika, cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes or until ready to serve.

Deviled eggs have definitely become one of my favorite recipes to bring to all kinds of events, because they’re very easy to make, and people just genuinely seem to love eating them. I think people generally enjoy deviled eggs because they’re a familiar food with a comforting twist, so they’ll always have a place on my top ten list of appetizers.

Deviled Eggs Recipe

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in April, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 4927041472280130/k2311a0427/4.27.11