Burt’s Bees Beeswax & Royal Jelly Eye Creme 0.25 oz  » Health  »
  • I decided to give their royal jelly eye cream a try
  • There were a couple of times when the cream smeared onto my forehead, and unfortunately, since it does not absorb too well, it caused a pimple both times
  • Over all, I think it is probably a good product but is better suited to extremely dry skin, and definitely not oily or combination skin– that seems to be a recipe for disaster

• by reviewabit

I have always really liked Burt’s Bees products, and I’ve been looking for a good eye cream for awhile. I decided to give their royal jelly eye cream a try. It’s very inexpensive, and natural, and sometimes those turn out to be the unexpected best performers.

This cream is not pure bee jelly, it has apricot kernel oil, beeswax, vitamin E, aloe, kaolin, royal jelly powder, carrageenan and epsom salt. The epsom salt came as a surprise.

It has a very soft faint sweet smell that is pleasant and does not last long on the skin. The texture is a bit oily and thick, and it does take some massaging to get

it into the skin around the eyes.

However, once it is in, it looks pretty good– not shiny at all if worn under makeup, but I would hesitate to wear it on a day without makeup. I do like to use it at night, as it keeps the under eye area very moist and soft.

I used it day and night for a period of about a month until the cream was used up. I was pretty happy with it, but probably would try for a product that had a little less shininess and absorbed better.

One nice thing I can say, it does seem to help puffiness under the eyes– especially the kind that occurs ...

• in the morning. When I used this product at night, I rarely had any puffiness when I awoke the next morning.

If I did, a cold washcloth and application of a little more of the cream would take care of it within a few hours. I have wondered if the epsom salts has anything to do with reducing the puffiness.

If so, it would make sense as it is known for reducing swelling. I don’t know that the actual royal jelly in the product does anything in particular for the eyes.

Although my eyes looked well moisturized while I used it, I did not notice and change in how they looked as far as

wrinkles, tiredness, or aging. There were a couple of times when the cream smeared onto my forehead, and unfortunately, since it does not absorb too well, it caused a pimple both times.

I was using it in the winter too, when my skin is dry– if I had been using it in summer, I probably would have had a lot more problems with it. Over all, I think it is probably a good product but is better suited to extremely dry skin, and definitely not oily or combination skin– that seems to be a recipe for disaster.

I still have a lot of faith in bee-based products, I just don’t think it is the right thing for my eyes.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in April, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3427041472240130/k2311a0427/4.27.11