Aubrey Organics J.A.Y. Desert Herb Revitalizing Shampoo 16 oz  » Health  »
  • I bought this shampoo because it was very different from other brands I had tried
  • This was interesting to me, since I love natural coconut oil and soap made from it
  • If it sounds like a bouquet to you, I thought the same thing
  • The first time I used it, I liked the fragrance, definitely a natural floral type of smell, due to the many essential flower oils
  • I think it would be a great shampoo for someone who has very dry and damaged hair all over and is not concerned about volume

• by reviewabit

I bought this shampoo because it was very different from other brands I had tried. While being sulfate free, with no petroleum products or parabens, it also has yucca root and coconut oil soap. This was interesting to me, since I love natural coconut oil and soap made from it.

I have even used it on my hair (the oil) but it was too heavy, so I thought a shampoo application of it might be interesting. Aside from what I listed, this product has a lot of other interesting natural ingredients, like aloe vera, jojoba oil, essential oils of cedar, grapefruit, rose-geranium, rosewood, lavender,

lilac and violet.

It also has vitamin A, C, and E, and balsam oil. If it sounds like a bouquet to you, I thought the same thing.

The first time I used it, I liked the fragrance, definitely a natural floral type of smell, due to the many essential flower oils. I found the lather to be a bit lacking.

Sometimes sulfate free shampoos have this problem. I have experienced it many times before, but it does not necessarily reflect how well the shampoo is working, as lather is not actually needed to cleanse the hair.

This lather was slight, and after ...

• rinsing my hair, it felt a bit heavy, but well moisturized. Upon drying it, I found that it was very sleek and shiny, but a little heavier than I prefer.

I have thinning hair on top, and when a shampoo is heavy, it makes my hair look even thinner. I decided to try it with my styling products, which produce volume, and this helped a bit, but I do get a better result from using a more cleansing and less hydrating shampoo.

It seems to be a catch 22, I cannot get the volume with hydrating shampoos, and I cannot get the conditioning with volumizing

shampoos, so I am constantly battling with this compromise. The back of my hair, which is damaged and frizzy, did benefit from this product.

It looked much healthier. It is a shame that I cannot easily use different shampoos for different parts of my head! (I have actually tried it, it is not easy.

) While I think this is a good shampoo and a unique formula, I would not use it again, because it just didn’t meet my particular needs. I think it would be a great shampoo for someone who has very dry and damaged hair all over and is not concerned about volume.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in April, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3427041472220130/k2311a0427/4.27.11